BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Lurker

Default Buggy selection

Hi, I'm looking to buy two buggies for my 5 year old grandkids and would like any suggestions or recommendations on which brands are the most reliable and a quality product. A few items are must haves:
1. High Ground clearance
2. Automatic - with Forward and Reverse
3. Named brand motor preferred
4. Double seats with harnesses
I've looked at the HH Mudhead but it doesn't have reverse.
The black widow is to large.
The Kinroad Tarzan 110 looks good but I read somewhere that Kinroad doesn't supply to the US anymore (Not sure if true).
MXR 110 Trailblazer?
Kandi Mini Spyder 110?
I need some experienced opinions please, my last go cart was 45 years ago! and yes they had them back then!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 AM

Default tuffy

Welcome to the forum, glad to help a new member! I can only speak of my personal experiences so I can tell you the first kart we ever purchased was a Roketa gk17 110cc it has good ground clearance, full rollcage, and suspension, double seats with 3point belts, electric start, lights, turn signals, mirrors, horn, and a 3 speed semi auto trans w/ reverse. It was for my daughter who was 9 at the time and she loved it so much that even thought she is now 17 we still have the buggy it still looks almost new, and it is still providing her with lots of fun, even thought she has a 150cc single seater now, the 110 is still her favorite ride! oh yeah it also has full adjustable seats so it has grown with her and it can even fit my wife n me( though a little snug)! hope this helps you
Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 AM
Lurker

That looks like a winner, thanks. If you don't mind a few more questions: Does yours have a honda motor? Do you know the actual ground clearance (websites vary) 4.5 to 5.1. and lastly did you buy from Gokartsusa? (Doesn't seem to have a very good rep) Thanks again
Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 AM

Yes the buggy has the honda clone motor, and it has been a good one, the only changes we have made are a different air intake, different carb jetting, and different sprockets to give it a little more low end for more serious trail riding. We did not buy this buggy new I just happened upon it one day as I was on my way out of town for a job project, the man was selling it because he was moving to Fla. for a new job and didnt have room to take it, but it was in pristine shape and has been a very depenable buggy. You can purchase these new @ Roketa. com or you can check ebay or CL and get a really good deal on a good used one and dont be afraid to haggle I only gave $400 for the one we have now and it is really an awesome "little" buggy!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 AM

P.s. the buggy has roughly 5" of ground clearance
Old 11-16-2012, 04:53 AM
Lurker

Thanks again for the help. Looks like it has everything I wanted and then some. Talk to you soon!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 AM

Glad to be able to help, good luck!