BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Lurker

Default Big Head Rob from Munford Tennessee

Hello, How Yall All?
I have a Crossfire 150 with a big bore kit (155 cc), port polish head, some carb work, 130 jet, FMF pipe frankestined on head pipe, plastic body.
Next is 9g rollers, 2000 rpm primary spring, and 2000 rpm clutch springs.
Real Soon is racing CDI, coil.
Soon 8 pole stator and flywheel to help with the offroad lights. I might go for the 11 pole stator and flywheel and put a radio in it too.
I put a roof and 2 off road lights on it this weekend. There is some vieos on youtube. lookup crossfire 150.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Contributor

Welcome. I to have a crossfire. I have a couple mods in there. 180bb, stroker crank, port and polish head with larger valves, a12 cam, 30mm highrise intake and carb. Then all the cvt and electrics as well as 24in rears. It's a 250 killer. I also have a hh250 and joyner 250 but I ride the 180 cause it's just quiker. Get you a a11 cam and 12g sliders. The cam makes real good torque. Or a a10 with a bigger sproket. When you play with internals you can get the ilusive bottom and top end.

Where did you get the body? If you built it then what did you use? Where did you get the stuff? Any pics of you making it?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Lurker

I used racers plastic. the same I used on my dirt stock cars. It is like 1/8" thick. You can get it from any oval track race supply shop such as Speedway motors.
I made paper templates then transferred the pattern to the plastic, You just heavily score the plastic with a exacto knife, razor blade, etc and snap the plastic at the "score" Sometimes it snaps clean and sometimes you have to finish the cut after the snap. I just ziptied the panels to the cage. I didnt want to drill a bunch of holes in the cage for rivets. I intend on redoing the paanels with red panels when I fabricate the fron fenders (area). I wll have a windshield on it before winter and I am going to enclose the engine area partially to protect from mud and water splash. also going to duct and snorkle air in to the motor where needed and prety much waterproof the engine and electronics.
I forgot about the cam, that is in the near future also. We do mud, trail riding with alot of hilly terrain, That is why the clutch weight/spring combination I chose. Need to shoot up hills and power through the mud.
Here is a video of the grand kids boggin. before the clutch work.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Lurker

chuckorlando, Did you have to machine the case for the 180 Big Bore?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Lite Contributor

Welcome to the group Rob. Nice job on the body plastics, just becareful enclosing that motor cage with the stuff. Them thar engines like to breathe! lol
Old 04-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Contributor

Yea I sent it to Tom Syc at Syc powersports for the machining. Your real close to the oil jacket when going to a 180 so you want the best on top of it. Ministock, your lite rollers are great for now. But once you have a cam your able to up that and get more of both top and bottom