BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 02-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Lurker

Default another new guy.

Sup. Matt. 26. Single. No kids, just toys. Picked up my first buggy today with an 02 gsxr 1000 motor on it. Its a effin beast. Has some uhhhhh,, 'southern engineering" on it which i plan on fixing but glad to have it. Past toys are a K6 gsxr 600 K6 gsxr 1000 and a ninja 250 back in HS. I've seen plenty of videos online of pavement brides but none beasting it out in the woods so that's my direction. Gearing was a little high so I swapped the stock front 17 tooth with a 14t today. First issue found is there is no way to adjust chain tension so chain isnt lining up with sprocket teeth so I was gonna troll around and see what some of yall have done. Well here's a pic and take it easy I'm well aware of the enginneering job done on it. Haha. Any words or prayers for safety is appreciated.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Lurker

Also. My other current rides are a 09 raptor 700 and a 2010 yamaha R1 with down 2 front sprocket.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:32 AM
Lurker

Can anyone tell me what frame this began as?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome-It's a "Crossfire"

Last edited by metalstudman1; 02-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Contributor

Yes it was a crossfire 150 , TOMBERLIN
Had a 150 gy6 motor no reverse .
With that motor im sure it all you can do to hold on,
Safety is out the window with that thing , I would suggest Life insurance !
Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Lurker

Yeah I did research and found that its a crossfire but it does have the reverse lever which I'm gonna accomadate a shifter. Well I think its a waste of power as of now so I plan on putting some 30's on it, raise it up quite a bit and hit the first mudhole I see. I'll keep things updated. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Is there 2 shifters in the floor? one is an emergency brake and the other would have been a F-N-R shifter. The shifter isn't really made for the type shifting you'll be doing-unless you redesign it from a cam style to a sweep movement type.
Did you say you have video of this thing on the street? if so let's see it!!!! I'm very interested how it performed with the way it was rigged up. I'm always curious to see how mega HP engines transform these buggies and just how much "FUN EXPERIENCE" is added.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Lurker

Hey metal thanks for those words. I haven't completely made up my mind.on the shifting linkage but I'm ptretty.sure.I'm.going to locste the shifter where.the F-N-R lever is. So far I'm only putting on paper what all I wanna do. . No videos of it on the highway but ill try to get some of it playing around the yard tomorrow. It is only in first gear right now till I.get sone linkage done.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Supporting Vendor

Welcome to the addiction. How are your fabbing skills? The looks of it just don't look safe. What is the strap holding?

TOM
Old 02-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Lurker

Thanks. Well I grew up in a fabrication shop so MIG and stick is is my cup of tea. Never done any tig but I.have a guy that will do so if I need him to.