BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 09-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Lite Contributor

Default HH 250ss Engine Vibration

Recently my HH250ss has developed an engine vibration. Happens either in idle when the engine is revved, or during riding. Checked engine mounts, tightened bolts, etc., with no luck. Any ideas? Could valves not being adjusted properly cause this? This buggy is less than a year old and has no mod's.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

When you say vibration- Do you mean things vibrates/rattle that didn't before?Or do you feel the vibration through the chassis?
Old 09-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Contributor

I lost the bolt out of the bottom of the airbox and it about drove me crazy before I found it. We need some clarification on the vib's your feeling or hearing?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Lite Contributor

The vibration is felt through the chasis, and I did not feel the vibration before. Does not vibrate too bad at idle, but as throttle is increased vibration gets worse, then seems to smooth out at higher rev's. Like I said it does this in neutral, so it must be related to the engine and not the drivetrain. I revved the carburetor by hand while looking at the motor, but I just do not see anything obvious.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Supporting Vendor

Could be valve adjustment, I would check the cvt for this operates even out of gear.

TOM
Old 09-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Lite Contributor

THanks SYCARMS. I will start with the valve adjustment. Thought about the cvt, actually held my hand on the cvt cover while revving the engine to see if I could pinpoint the vibration to the cvt. If the valve adjustment does not work, I will remove the cvt cover.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Lite Contributor

Hey Truf,

I have a Joyner 250 (Same engine) had a super annoying vibrating noise, acted just like what your talking about. Looked for that bad boy for a long time before I found it. Turns out it was the trim work on my muffler. If I was you I'd take a close look at the exaust system while hand reving the carb. Anything not super tight could cause it. Heat shields included.
As a side note, when I finally put my eyes on the exhaust while hand reving it was obvious what was making the noise, you could see it like a two guitar strings coming into and out of tune.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Lite Contributor

Holy CAPTAINCRUNCH! Just walked out to do the muffler check. Started the buggy and revved it up a little to warm it up. Did not seem to feel the vibration as much. I walked around to the other side to check the muffler and it was just hanging there. The clamp that holds the muffler to the frame had broken. My kids rode for a little while yesterday, and it must have broken then. It probably was the muffler. I will fix the clamp and let you know if that was the issue. Thanks for the response.