BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 09-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Lurker

Default Need Help with carb on a Roketa 250GK-19(KTB-250W)(L5C)

This belongs to a friend, and I said I'd have a look at it. The go kart has not been running in a year. The engine turns over, but doesn't start. I find that it has cracked hoses on the carb, and a few missing hoses, and I have no idea, which hoses are air, vacuum, or fuel...is there a diagram somewhere on the net ,so I can compare and find out what hoses are missing, and where they go. It has an electric choke. There is a hose missing off the side where the electric choke is, towards the top.And another on the otherside by where the gas pedal cable comes in....any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Supporting Vendor

The only line you should need is the fuel line from the tank to the carb. If it has the vacume pump on the tank then you would run a vacume source to the open nipple.The missing hose near the choke was the water source to heat the carb but most including myself eliminate that water source since it is usually a head ach. There is a nipple on the right side for the vent and some models had a air bleed valve which some require vacume, If you don't have that small diaphram then you have the common carb. You will have a hose at the bottom of the fuel bowl which connects to the bowl drain. Most likely your main problem is a plugged jet from the crappy fuel with ethanol. You will deffinately need to pull strip and soak the carb to clean then blow out all jets and orifices with compressed air since it has set up for a year.

TOM