BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 10-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Lurker

Default General performance upgrade question

Very new to this! I bought a used Kinroad buggy, water cooled 250cc is about all I know about it. Seems slow to reach top speed (36-37mph) according to factory speedo. How do I know if it is a CF or CN? Is the variator responsible for slow pick up? Do I need a completely new variator? What's this business about slide weights and torque springs?? Is the exhuast holding it back? Can someone recommend an good all around set up for quicker pick up a moderate hill climbing?? Planning on riding in woods some but also winding gravel roads. Thanks
Old 10-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Supporting Vendor

It is a CN 250. Basic mods are as follows. Uni Filter in place of the stock airbox, rejet of the carb and opening up the exhaust, lighter rollers, stiffer torque spring, possibly stiffer clutch springs. This will largely depend on your location, elevation, and grade of hills you want to climb, mostly one or two people ridding and average weight of occupant/s
TOM
Old 10-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Lurker

Thanks for the info. Are the stock rollers weight stamped? What weight should I install? Riding in Southern ohio, elevation 650'. Mostly w/son, total weight 275lbs. Also, what size jet, and can you recommend exhaust mod? No hurry, when you get a chance to respond. Thank you in advance.

P.S. Where to buy parts?
Old 10-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

No the rollers are not stamped you will need a small grams scale to weigh, but depending on the year they should be around a 24gr. For trail ridding with moderate hills 18 gr should do you just right. I would also replace the torque spring as well along with the clutch springs. The carb will have either a 114 or 118 jet depending on year of buggy. Some of the newer ones ran even leaner with a 110 jet. You will be somewhere around a 120 to 122 jetsize. You also need to open up the end of muffler to allow more flow, this also will depend on year of buggy, some of the early models had only a 3/4" tail opening, you will want to expand it to about 1 1/2". You can give me a call @ 662-301-1563 to discuss further if you would like. I can cover a lot more with you talking person to person for I am a 1 finger typer so we could cover a lot more ground in less time. You can also e-mail me your # with a good time to call and I'll get back to you.

TOM
Old 10-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Lurker

Buggy must be one of the newer ones, I found a 110 jet in it.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Lite Contributor

i use a e3 spark plug and royal purple and a k and n air filter. i use to have that smae problem now thats fixed with all this also try ahaing the carb performaced tuned. or do some work with the govner.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggypowermaker View Post
i use a e3 spark plug and royal purple and a k and n air filter. i use to have that smae problem now thats fixed with all this also try ahaing the carb performaced tuned. or do some work with the govner.
Have you done any testing to prove the E3 plugs are better? and how do "you" performance tune a carb? Where's the govenor on a CN250?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Lite Contributor

the testing i did was to see how much gas is used and i use to use about a gallion of gas in about three hours but now i can go all day. i did a timing test to prove more torque, and a 100 yard run it knocked off about 3.7 seconds, for hp i was just able to make this one hill climb that i could never make before.for performace carb tuning. first,really make sure that carb is clean, i used gumout cleaner. then just make sure the buggy has proper gas air mixture and just adjust that till you notice a differnce in power. i not sure on the govner should be right by where the throdle wire meets the engine. also clean out the exhust port once in a while to reduce build up of carbon.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Lurker

anyone have a wiring diagram for this buggy cant find one anywhere
Old 02-06-2012, 05:10 AM
Supporting Vendor

Default Kinroad 250 wiring schematic

hopefully this works, if not e-mail me @ tom@sycpowersports.com and I will e-mail to you.

TOM
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kinroad 250 wiring schematic.pdf (1.87 MB, 47 views)