BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 05-13-2013, 02:28 AM
Contributor

Default Just call me Stupid

I "had" a Yerf Dog Spiderbox that I got for about free. It was in fairly sad shape and missing a few parts. So I sold the front end off of it, pulled the motor and all electronics for spare for my HH. Then the frame was just sitting there collecting weeds. I knew that I would be getting a second buggy eventually, but to be honest, I just wasn't that big of a fan for the yerfs. Also, I was looking for something with an independent re-end.

Well the wife got tired of it sitting there so she placed an add on CL and 2 days and $75 later it was gone. Fast forward to yesterday. I am always watching CL and a buggy popped up on there for $150. The pictures were pretty bad, but it looked like it had some potential. I drove for 1-1/2 hours and when I got there, I had a really hard time holding back my smile. Yes the buggy was rough and missing quite a few parts, but all of the main components were still there. The best part is that it was a Joyner 650SS.

I doubt that the engine runs, but at least it isn't seized. Also, it could be one of those projects where you end up nickel and diming yourself to death. It is also a little bit too big for many of the places that we like to go. However, all of the suspension is there along with the brakes. So I am thinking that I will probably graft the suspension onto the frame of a smaller buggy and then use a motorcycle motor (2 stroke) as a power plant. I figure that I can part out the motor and sell the trans and other items to help offset the cost.

So I was out looking at it today and letting the wheels turn, when all of a sudden my foot tried to kick me in the butt . I just realized that the yerf would have made a perfect frame for what I am thinking of doing. From the way that the front of the frame terminates, to the design of the rear. I HAD a perfect setup up for me to start my project. Now I have to keep watching CL.

Just call me stupid
Old 05-13-2013, 05:06 AM
Heavy Contributor

Stupid........... only cause you asked me too. I would of done the same thing you did. Many times many of us would of liked to kick ourselves in the butt. Been there done that. Just keep ur eyes peeled on cl. Something will come up....Eddie.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:04 AM
Power User

where are you located? I have a sunl single seater frame sitting out on my trailer ... pics are under "sunrunner" if you search ---a project that may or may not ever see the light of day ...
Old 05-13-2013, 10:03 AM

I'm a natural pack rat so everything I've switched out on my buggy's is sitting on a shelf in my garage even broken cables! you just never know! lol
Old 05-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Contributor

Thanks X-bird,

But I am looking for a 2 seater. I'll keep the HH as my anyone can drive it car, but I plan on building a buggy that has a lot better suspension. This way as my body starts telling me that I am too old for dirtbikes, I can still go out and have fun.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 PM

toomany you shouldnt be too hard on yourself your wife placed the ad to sell it. LOL