BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 11-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Lurker

Default front brakes.

I took my front brake calipers off because they had been setting up for a few years and were frozen. They also needed brake pads. Now Im ready to put them back on and cant remember how to put them back on or how the brake lines hook back up. I was wondering if anyone had a close up pic of the brake caliper on the buggy. The buggy is a carter gtr 250.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Lurker

The front calipers were hanging by the brake lines when I bought it and not installed. That's why I'm not sure how they go back. One way I put them on caused the brake line to hit the strut and couldn't get the bolt in. Another way I put them on and the holes don't line up. I'm at a loss as to how they belong. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Heavy Contributor

Are you sure you didn't put them on the wrong side? The easy way to figure out how most calipers go on is to make it so the bleeder is the highest part of the caliper.

If the bleeder is the highest part of the caliper and the bolts line up, you probably got it right.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

You posting some pics may be a better idea giving us an idea of what your running into. Basically there is only one way they will go on. With them just hanging when you purchased it you don't know if you have the correct calipers and as iduno said are they on the correct side.