BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 12-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Lurker

Default Bike speedometer installed on kandi buggy

Hey guys(and gals). I have been researching bike speedometers on go karts and gotten sum mixed results both good and bad. It seems that it depends alot on what brand and kind of speedo it is. I was in walmart the other day and came across these Bell dashboard 100's. For 15.00 I had to try it. It was pretty simple to set up per the instructions and once installed it is working flawlessly!! VERY accurate too as long as you program it for the correct tire diameter. It is NOT the wireless model as I have read about some people experiencing interference and weird readings and with these buggys having a/c electrical systems, went with the wired one. It was cheaper too. For anyone interested in doing this, the correct diameter to program into the speedo is 1499mm. That is the correct measurement for a 19" tire. I welded a piece of 3/16" rod to my driver side front spindle pointed straight out towards the wheel and just removed the magnet from the plastic collar that would normally mount on your bike spokes and JB welded it the rim lip just below the tire. For people that dont have access to a welder, you could still install the same way I did but just bend the rod into a L shape and turn it upside down and use a larger hose clamp to clamp it to your spindle. Any questions just ask guys. They work and are priced right!! Be safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speedo pic 1.JPG (39.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg speedo pic 2.JPG (19.0 KB, 34 views)
Old 12-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Heavy Contributor

Nice.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Contributor

+1 nicely done