BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 07-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Lurker

Default Rockstar gk17 brake switch

Have the above buggie, was working fine then one day was turned off and wouldn't start again. Confirmed power to the brake switch which is attached to the reservoir but won't start when the brake is pressed. So logic stated the brake switch must be the issue. To confirm this I crossed the two wires and sure enough fires run up. Issue is that now I have no brakes....evidently this machine need power to the switch in order for the brakes to work?

So I've searched all over and can't find a replacement break switch, even though the electrical schematic shows a brake switch.

So all of this is stated to ask has anyone else experienced anything like this and any thoughts or ideas on how to fix it? The buggie is for my kids and I can't have them driving using the E-brake so I need to figure out how to fix the issue especially since I can't seem to find a break switch to replace.

Additionally to make sure you understand I'm talking about the master cylinder where the two wires come in, I'm guessing this is a switch but it may not be replaceable without replacing the entire cylinder.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Title is supposed to say roketa, damn autocorrect.

Last edited by Omnipotent; 07-02-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Lurker

The switch is not required for the brakes to work. However, the brakes must be able to produce pressure for the switch to work. Figure out why the brakes stopped working and the switch will (probably) fix itself.
Is there fluid? Have you opened the reservoir, bled them, checked for leaks?