BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 11-14-2014, 05:26 PM

Good stuff right there. Thank you....

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of RPM are you getting? And what is normal for say a Yerfdog?

Lastly, if I may ask, what is the rev limit on the stock CDI for a Yerf? Thanks again
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 11-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

It stills pulls at 9000rpm which for drag racing is fine but prolonged driving its too high. Right now I'm running the stock sprockets with 3:08 final gears. I'm looking for around a 2:80 or 2:90 gears. I think with those ratio's I would keep much of the bottom end but improve top speed a good bit. Normal for the Yerf between 7600 and 7800. A stock engine will quit pulling at around 7200-7300 rpm.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:49 PM

Great, thank you.

I have to look at the tach I used because I think it was set up for a 2 stroke. It said I was only doing 4000 RPM at the end of my top speed run. But I could hear she was wound up pretty good. So prob closer to the 8000 RPM range then.

I need to pull some RPM out of it.

If the wider spreading driven pulley (KNM performance) doesn't do it, I'll prob be looking into going with the 14/38 internal gears as opposed to my stock 13/40.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........