BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 PM

Default Don't you just love it!!!

You tear it down, you figure out whats wrong, you order the needed parts, you wait and wait and wait for the parts, and they send you the wrong part in the right package with the right part number on the package!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Power User

been there done that ... just went through hell with home depot/hampton bay for ceiling fan parts to fix hurricane sandy damage. jumped through all their hoops, gave them the right upc, serial number, model number yadda yadda ... 3 weeks later wrong parts arrive ...after a month and a half of dealing with them myself and a somewhat decent manufacturing rep finally figure out they put the wrong sticker on the fan itself. rather than admit their goof the higher ups wanted photo evidence to prove it ...took almost 3 months to get blades, arms and a light globe.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:15 PM

Default But wait, theres more!!!

Now comes the best part! I've been trying since 6/20/13 to contact the company to get this taken care of, and of course there is no customer service number to contact them, only email correspondence, which I've not recieved a response to yet! although I have sent a total of 4 emails to date! I tell you this, I should have went with my gut feeling on this one. I wanted to contact Tom about this first, but he advised me the first time that I got the 81mm valves from him it wasn't something that he keeps in stock, and he just happened to have some left over, so I went on a search for them online and found what I thought was a lucky snag. I'm now stuck in Ecommerce purgatory waiting and hoping I get a response from this company, meanwhile time just ticks by, If I don't get some response from them by the end of the week I will definitly advise my fellow buggy buds who they are so they don't get caught in the same mess!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Heavy Contributor

Sorry bro.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Contributor

I replaced a drivers side axel on a 2010 Honda van and it was 1/4 inch longer than the one I removed on the inboard axel joint. It is a factory boxed Honda part, the parts guys tried to blame it on me at first but the proof didn't lie. They got me the right axel pretty fast. I have learned to be merciful to others even if they don't deserve it because I have been given mercy.

I have been through the bad customer service with our Baja dune 150s. I think that Baja didn't think anybody would fix there broken buggies so when it came to getting parts it was a joke. Now Baja is gone and tomberlin as far as I can tell on the dune 150 buggies so that is why I bought a welder.

I hope you get you parts soon bear, I can feel you frustration.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:22 AM

Default E-nuff is E-nuff!!!

Ok then its time to take this as a lesson learned I guess! I have sent 6 different emails in the last 8 days in 2 different types of E coms to this company and still no response from them! They even have a "live on line chat" link for support, that I have tried twice, both times I'd check to make sure that the "chat" was online but as soon as I submitted my message it would quickly go to chat being "offline" but message recieved! So I hope the name of this JANK-SS website shows up on here when I post it so that none of my fellow bugsters have to deal with them! Scooterpartsmania.com BEWARE!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:26 AM

p.s. anyone know where I can find a 81x27x5mm valve for a 3" head???
Old 06-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Contributor

Is this a gy6 engine? Is it a two or four bolt valve cover.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:30 PM

Sorry, its a 150cc gy6 with the 4 bolt valve cover.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Heavy Contributor

Why don't the standard valves work? I thought the 4 bolt valve cover heads were the standard ones.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:17 PM

It's a 3" head so the "standard" 65mm stem length is too short! I've got to have the 81mm stem length.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Heavy Contributor

And I'm guessing that a standard head won't fit??

Old 06-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Contributor

Is this a performance head or a stock head? I know that there is a tall version with big valves.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 AM

It's a port & polished head on my 04 dazon 150. It takes the longer stem valves because of the angle of the valve chambers, it is a very strong running engine and I don't want to change to another 3" head unless I really have too! plus I'm pretty sure if I changed to the standard 2.5" head I would have to change the cam chain to shorten it and get rid of the extra slack it would cause.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:23 PM

Default A breathe of relief!

I finally did the smart thing, and got ahold of Tom to give me a hand!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Lite Contributor

Nice, Toms the man!
Old 07-02-2013, 03:53 PM

Yeah, I know just trying to save him some time. I know he would be covered up once he got back from the bash!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Heavy Contributor

Did you ever get straight with the original vender?
If not, post them up.
They've earned entry into the "Hall of Shame"