BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 11-24-2013, 10:20 PM

Default 4 link swing arm?

I have been researching high and low, and am curious about possibly converting the swing arm on the yerf to a 3 or 4 link set up over the winter. I see a 3 link style being used on a one-off kids buggy, and would like to see feedback (another forum).

I like the idea of doing this for a few reasons. First and foremost, ride comfort, secondly, effectively extending the wheel base a little more for clearance and possible heat issues down the road.

I often contemplated trying something like a trailer single center pivot(large heim) replicating the up and down of the simple ball and socket. Then adding 2 track bars on the outsides of the swing arm to hold everything square. I realize this is not a replacement for full IRS, but something in between that will articulate some side to side.

Please chime in with suggestions or let me know I've fallen off my rocker once again.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'