BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Lurker

Default Vision Razor z2150 Chain adjustment/alignment.

Guys, I bought a used vision razor on Friday. It has the two row #50 chain. The alignment is not great. The engine needs to move over to the left about an 1/16-1/8 inch. Looking at the adjustment bolt I am not sure it is installed correctly.

Also is the only mounting points for the engine using the two upper mounts by the starter and then the adjustment bolt at the rear? This seems flimsy.

I am waiting on a new variator, clutch springs, and belt to arrive. Though I should get the chain sorted too. The clip on the master link was missing, but the farm store had new master links in stock. I bought a four pack. Thinking that the misalignment may have cause it to go missing.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Heavy Contributor

I see the off set on the sprockets your talking about... grab your back rack and see if you can move it side to side if it moves you may need new axle bearings. That may straighten things out with your sprocket alignment.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Heavy Contributor

When my axle bearings go bad you can move my buggy slightly side to side. Which will cause your axle sprocket to shift side to side putting it out of alignment with your engine sprocket... I'm not sure if that's the case here but check it out by shaking the buggy side to side. It shouldn't have any play at all if so on mine it was the axle bearings.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Lurker

I will check the bearings. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Lurker

The bearings are good. I think I just need to take the chain adjustment loose to see if something is not installed right. PO may not have assembled something right.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Heavy Contributor

Your probably right kato. A spacer or washer may be missing to shift the sprocket over a little. Maybe someone will chime in with this type of buggy. Mean time see if you can improvise by using a washer as a spacer on the axle sprocket to bring the sprocket over some. Maybe.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Heavy Contributor

Or maybe your engine bolt mounts are missing washers. By adding washers it may bring your engine to the left a little. The op might of forgotten to put the washers on the engine mount bolts... yea check that first before doing what I mentioned above.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Lurker

Thanks, I plan to see if I can move the engine over. It is only about a thick washer off.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Power User

i had my engine twist the mount hangars over time--just enough to throw the alignment out by about 1/8th. also take a look at the rubber mounts in the engine.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Lurker

Thanks, that sounds like what I think has happened.