BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 03-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Lurker

Default Significant Vibration in Steering Wheel

I realize this is not a big deal in the scheme of things, but it does drive me nuts.

Steering wheel vibrates at idle (a lot), bery loud. Rest of buggy is smooth. Feeling your way around the kart, the vibration starts immediately at the frame member that holds the steering wheel, below that nothing. I can put my hand on it and make it stop as does turning the wheel hard over in either direction. Nothing is loose; i.e. bolts linkage, etc.

Ideas?

2008 Hanmnerhead - SuperSport 150
Old 03-17-2014, 07:19 PM

welcome, sounds like you may have a bearing or bushing worn where the shaft goes through.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

I'm on my phone which leads to short impatient answers. Sounds like there is slop the steering wheel shaft and the bushing it passes through. disconnect the steering shaft from the steering wheel jerk the steering wheel back and forth if there's play the bushing is a little worn.you might be able to get away with taking an extra snap ring between the bushing and a snap ring that holds it in place.or you can go larger hole in a thin washer anything would work that would take up the slop doing the bushing in the snap ring. this is if I'm understanding you correctly.

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX

Last edited by JERSEYDEVIL; 03-18-2014 at 04:11 PM.