BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 04-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Lurker

Angry spindles

Im looking to find spindles for the left and right fronts of my SUNL SLGK 250cc cart and am having a difficult time. Does anyone know where I can find them? Also I was out riding and must of turned wrong, before I knew it I had one tire turned all the way out and the other was still straight. Does anyone know why this happens? it looks as if the parts are the same from the Roketa GK-06 but have to measure to be sure.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Heavy Contributor

Are you sure it's the spindle and not the tie-rod end? Or did the spindle break at the tie rod mount? What broke on it? Because it seems (from what I learned) repairing is always cheaper/easier than buying, but ya know. If you keep repairing every big thing, it will make the problem worse..
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:31 PM

welcome Devil, do you have any pics of the damaged parts to post? that would help us a lot to solve your problem
Old 04-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Lurker

I don't actually have anything broken but I can say this.....if I turn the steering wheel to the left, the driver side front wheel turns ok. if I turn the steering wheel to the right, the front driver side wheel only goes back to the straight position. it will not turn to the right, however it goes the same for the other front wheel also. am I being clear or not? very difficult to explain. almost like the rack and pinion jumped a gear or something. not too familiar with it and I cant find one to replace it anyway. any ideas?
Old 04-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Power User

if the arms where the tie rods connect on the struts or spindles aren't bent then the inner threads on the tie rods may be stripped, or you stripped the teeth on either the rack or pinion gear in it. if you can post pics it would help a lot.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Lurker

thanks x-bird. I was able to find the problem in the rack and pinion. Any idea where I could find one? I do have a slightly bent front spindle and searching for that too. I repaired it already at a machine shop but looking over everything. I don't seem to have anything actually broken. Problem I am noticing is finding parts for this monster.