BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 08-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Lurker

Default KinRoad RunmasterII 250cc Carb Help... Please

Ok, I just bought the aforementioned Kart/Buggy a few days ago.

That being said, the guys that I bought it from had their fingers in the carb and I don't think the knew exactly what they were doing. I can get it started but only just. IF you apply the throttle, it dies. I'm thinking Air/Fuel mixture issue. I do not know what carb is on it. I do not think it is stock due to them giving me a bag with another carb in it.

How do I tell which one I DO have? Once we figure that out, then we can look it up to see IF all of the hoses are in the right spots and adjust the needle valve.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:31 AM
Power User

possibly just needs cleaned. gummed up pilot jet will give you the "only idles" problem.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:49 PM
Lurker

We checked the carb, fuel line and tank. All clear. The "old" owners said that the kart had been sitting for a year. I had removed all of the questionable fuel and added in new. It may seem that the new stuff "ate" all of the bad stuff? Anyhoo, its running well now.

Has anybody experienced it running out of fuel when Wide Open for a bit? It kinda seems that the Petcock is not allowing enough of a flow to keep up with the demand of the motor when wide open.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Supporting Vendor

The petcock definitely flows enough fuel. It could be a plugged main jet or check your fuel cap and make sure it is not distorted on the inside. Usually if that happens it will act like it runs out of fuel but when you let off throttle and hit it again it will be fine. Ue ethanol free fuel only for it will save you a lot of headaches and money.