BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 03-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Lurker

Default Need help figuring out what kind of buggy I have??

Hey guys, new to the site here. I grew up on motorcycles but I'm considered new to the "buggy world" now also. Anyways, I just recently picked up a buggy on a trade that has a Suzuki Katana 600 streetbike motor on it. The guy was never able to tell me what the actual buggy itself was called though. I know it's not a custom made frame, everything looks professional and from what research I've done, appears to be a "Hammerhead buggy?". Just seeing if there's anyone out there who's very familiar with these buggies that could possibly let me know what I have. I'm in the process of trying to replace a driver side strut/spindle support and cannot get it up and running until I figure out the correct type buggy I have to order the right part. I recently ordered a strut that was claimed to fit a "Carter, Hammerhead, Trail Master & Trail Sport Works buggy "only to realize the strut did not fit. The strut I received in the mail was instantly determined too long and didn't have a ball joint end on it like what my buggy requires. I will post two pictures below; one of the buggy itself and one of the difference between the new and old strut. If someone could, please let me know what type of buggy I have and/or let me know where I can get this type of strut from, I would greatly appreciate it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (103.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Suzukibuggy2016; 03-03-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Lurker

Here's the strut I ordered (right) compared to the strut I need to run (left).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.5 KB, 8 views)