BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 06-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Lurker

Default scissor lift

Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has built any kind of lift to work on there mowers or buggys or go karts? Im disabled with a bad back and hip. I cant get on the ground to work on any of my mowers or other toys. Just thought some kind of lift would make it easier on me. Any ideas?
Old 06-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccormick68 View Post
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has built any kind of lift to work on there mowers or buggys or go karts? Im disabled with a bad back and hip. I cant get on the ground to work on any of my mowers or other toys. Just thought some kind of lift would make it easier on me. Any ideas?
I use one of these, Roll the buggy over top hit the air then raise to a comfortable working height. Easy on the back and knees. I made some 4x4 blocks to support the chassis only if when I need to do suspension work or need the wheels to rotate freely.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...+jack&_sacat=0
Old 06-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Lurker

Planning to acquire a lift - currently using front loader to lift cart up onto blocks. Prefer a solid stand for our new TrailMaster 150 XRS.

Any other XRS / XRX users that have lifts that fit / work well with our TM chassis - tips appreciated
Old 06-29-2016, 05:12 PM
Power User

A bit unusual, but i use a transmission jack, needed one for the clutch job on my truck this winter. grabbed the 800 pound capacity one from harbor fright and have found that it's ideal for flat lifting my entire ride up pretty high without added blocks even though she sits 16-17 inches off the floor.