BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-30-2020, 04:40 PM
Lurker

Default Engine cutting out NEED HELP PLEASE

Hey guys I got a 2006 sunl/Kandi 110cc go kart/buggy. I was given this machine and needed some tlc it say for a year or so. I bought new coil/cdi/rectifier And solenoid and carburetor. Battery is no good and still need to buy one but here’s my issue. When I start the buggy (electric start) with a jumper pack on the buggy starts right up and idles and when i hit the throttle it runs excellent smooth and perfectly but when I unplug my jumper pack when it’s runs it still idles (not as smoothly as when it’s got the jumper hooked up) but when it’s idling with out a battery or jumper it idles okay but when I hit the throttle it cuts out badly to the point it will shut itself off... doesn anyone know what this might be I’m so flabbergasted????

could this be A stator malfunction or a dead stator??
Also there is a red wire with a fuse in it and it is currently hooked to one side of the starter solenoid is this correct?

Thank you,

Tyler

Vin# L5CSEFL066M011335
Engine vin# 7SUNX 110ACX
Old 06-01-2020, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

The red wire w/fuse to the battery side of the solenoid is correct. Is there a reason you haven't bought a new battery? Cheapest trouble-shooting method would be putting a new battery in it before testing for other issues. The flywheel magnets may be weak causing the pulse generator not to produce the needed voltage for the CDI to fire the coil, that's why it runs w/jumper box- the box is providing the 12vdc. Does the buggy have working lights? If so- after installing a battery you can see if it will run right with the lights on.That's just a simple test to see if the stator is working at all.