BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > BuggyMasters News

BuggyMasters News Updates and relative site info is posted here.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Default Final word on the Arcade

Guys here's the deal on the Arcade:

Fact is, it is supposed to be fun and not detracting from our real mission here which is all things Mini Buggy and Go Karts.

I know there were some complaints about potential cheating going on and I was able to find a tool that allowed me verify that scores could in fact be manipulated.

Just as it is possible that there was some cheating going on, I'm here to tell you that I'm old enough to know there are some people that are just that good.

One of the things that I personally brought up was that on some games it was impossible to take a high score in just a few seconds. I saw a high score done in short order and that caught my attention. I was only able to replicate a high score in that short a time by using the cheat tool.

Then I went and re-read some of the posts. One post mentioned that the high score chart would update the time-played field with the last game played, despite whether or not that last game played was the one that generated the high score. I tested that today, and guess what: it sure as heck did just that. The time from my last game played (which I purposely made short) was applied to my high score winning game.

It is possible that all of those high scores were earned legitimately and it is just as possible that all of those high scores were gained through a cheat tool. I'll tell you that acquiring that cheat tool and knowing how to use it are not simple tasks. I am an IT professional and it still took me quite a bit of time to make it work.

There is no rhyme or reason and I will not place any more effort into managing the arcade.

Bear in mind that it is just as possible that some apologies are in order. There are in fact some people that good. I'm not one of them .

With all this said, the arcade has proven that anything is possible and with that we have no proof whatsoever that any cheating has ever gone on. We can only hope that on a web forum that is not an arcade forum, no one feels it is worth the time to do so.

Unless you are thick skinned, maybe the arcade is not the place for you to hang out at.

I have removed the smack talk forum to keep the focus of our community on buggy related items and not the Arcade and it's going to stay like that.

Here's the final word:

Use the Arcade at your own risk and have some fun in there. If you like to play that kind of stuff, go for it. It's a lot of fun. Although there are ways to cheat, I would hope that we are all sensible enough to know that doing so would take all of the fun out of it. I will not entertain any further inquiries into the Arcade however if it continues to deter our focus from Mini Buggies and Go Karts, I'll just pull it off. I don't think it will come to that but just making everything clear.