BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 05-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Lurker

Default Anyone currently running with an EFI conversion kit

Wondering if anyone is currently running with an EFI conversion kit on a 250 cc buggy.

Have seen some older posts on buggy news and done some internet research. Would like to know if anyone has had any success.

In my neck of the woods we run big elevation changes and ambient temp changes too. May be able to get the best out of performance mods with an EFI
Old 04-14-2015, 01:32 AM
Lite Contributor

I've seen EFI kits available on line. Just did a search but they are too expensive for me. I think they would probably run better than a carb and give you more low end torque.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Supporting Vendor

These are basically made around the much lighter scooter so it will not perform the same in a much heavier buggy (my opinion). I had talked to the guy in Canada who said it works great in the buggies but he would never send any data. He claimed several customers had put them in buggies and then ran them on a dyno but would never supply any data. I and another dealer found a few manufacturers in both China and Taiwan, but were only assured that they work great in buggies and never were able to get any results. I tried to purchase only one to try out but all had said 10 minimum order. Since I do not have a scooter market here I declined to order that amount.