BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 08-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Hi everyone

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I am very new to the Buggy scene. I just picked up a 2012 Kandi KD150FS for the kids. It burns some oil but runs well. looks like previous owner ran it without the air filter. and the rear brakes were non functional parking brake was seized. SO I ordered a uni filter and some pads replaced the brake fluid and bled the front brakes. I will probably rebuild the motor over the winter was thinking the 58.5 overbore new head and a a12 cam. But will all depend on what i can learn from you fine folks if I feel comfortable enough to tear it down and rebuild it. thanks again for allowinf me to join.

Len
Old 08-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Heavy Contributor

welcome!
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 08-05-2015, 01:57 PM

welcome shoebox
Old 08-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Supporting Vendor

Welcome to the addiction.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Contributor

Welcome. From what I gather the 58.5 is the biggest size to go without boring the case. The cam is what your final desire is, more torque or more speed. A head is always a good thing to do on any performance engine. This is all relative to you doing the other items on your list too from, carb, intake, exhaust. CVT would be ideal for riding in the mountains. Also look into changing the actual gears to give you the most mechanical advantage to make the most of the power the buggy can make.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Lite Contributor

I think I am looking for more torque as we live on a mountain all hills so I think that is where we will see the most improvement. I am also thinking the clutch could stand to be upgraded as well as the motor has to be reved up pretty high in order to take off from a dead stop for some reason.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Supporting Vendor

The fact that the engine burns oil, you have lost an amount of power so that will have to be corrected. The 58.5 bore kit is the largest you can go with without boring the case. But 95% of your power will come from the head and camshaft. Stock carb is more than efficient except that it will need a rejet as well as replacing the air box with an open filter such as the UNI. K&N or R2C. Exhaust will also help but a good tuned exhaust will set you back the most bucks since a lot of time goes into tuning an exhaust. Once your engine mods are done you will want to tune your CVT around the engine which is why I strongly suggest the engine mods first.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Heavy Contributor

Sycarms has good advice there.. When I first got my trailmaster, I went nuts and upgraded everything at once, which can make it difficult to diagnose what part is causing the problem. Again he is spot on about the head.. I think the most noticeable upgrade I did was the 4 valve head.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 08-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Lite Contributor

thanks guys. I am on a bit of a budget would like to keep the rebuild of the motor under 150 if possible I don't think that would give me enough to buy a 4 valve head. do you guys have a ebay kit you would recommend.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Contributor

Welcome aboard.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:24 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeBoxLen View Post
thanks guys. I am on a bit of a budget would like to keep the rebuild of the motor under 150 if possible I don't think that would give me enough to buy a 4 valve head. do you guys have a ebay kit you would recommend.
They would recommend you stay away from Ebay . I would assume the Taida, Hoca, and NCY brands would be ok at the 58.5, just don't go bigger so you don't sacrifice a thick stronger cylinder if you go the Ebay route. You usually get what you pay for on there as far asparts are concerned. Also look for the seller GY6RacingTeam, I have bought a few parts from them in the past. usually cheaper and shipping is rather fast from Puerto Rico.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 08-13-2015, 02:27 PM

I haven't had any problems with items off Ebay.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:55 AM

I purchased all my upgraded BBK from ebay seller in Puerto Rico. The prices were great, but since installing my buggy makes a weird noise. I am going to pull the aftermarket A-12 cam out and replace with stock to see if that is possibly the problem.
Good luck in whatever you choose.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Lite Contributor

this is the kit I was thinking of getting
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOOTER-GY6-...8ade94&vxp=mtr

But it will have to wait a little while as the darn wash machine broke so now I have to replace that...... never a shortage of things to do or fix around my house.
I did get the rear brake p[ads replaced on the buggy and found the vacuum fuel pump was shot when i went to take the buy for a ride on it. so ordered that last night along with led turn signals and a led brake light off of ebay. love how cheap the parts are for these things. was pondering putting a motorcycle radio on the buggy like this as well http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handlebar-Re...5c0177&vxp=mtr anyone doen that and any thoughts on doing it?

Last edited by ShoeBoxLen; 08-14-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Contributor

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Sno...pyle+atv+radio

I have this one on my Trailmaster, it is more than loud enough with how loud the buggy runs now with all of its mods. I believe I paid less than what they are currently selling it at. Also it has an SD card reader and USB for MP3s and the tuner on it works excellent.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 08-14-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeBoxLen View Post
this is the kit I was thinking of getting
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOOTER-GY6-...8ade94&vxp=mtr

But it will have to wait a little while as the darn wash machine broke so now I have to replace that...... never a shortage of things to do or fix around my house.
I did get the rear brake p[ads replaced on the buggy and found the vacuum fuel pump was shot when i went to take the buy for a ride on it. so ordered that last night along with led turn signals and a led brake light off of ebay. love how cheap the parts are for these things. was pondering putting a motorcycle radio on the buggy like this as well http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handlebar-Re...5c0177&vxp=mtr anyone doen that and any thoughts on doing it?
that is the same exact kit that I bought too, from the same guy. It could just be that my valve springs are not Stiff enough and maybe that's causing the weird noise. I'm not saying it's bad not saying it's great you definitely get what you pay for and I just need to do some more investigating hopefully I will get time to find out my problem soon .
Old 08-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Heavy Contributor

Becareful buying from that guy. I got same kit. First off, package got lost. Then finally got it, and was dmged. Package was smashed, and must have been sitting outside. But major water dmg. The cam and was rusted. And bought a crank from him at same time. Was rusted also. Took about 2 weeks before got replacement. Then when got the cam, the outside bearing was bad, out of the package. The first cam only had minor surface rust on outside edge, so cleaned it up, and used the first one. (didn't put in the crank) Waiting on that. But got everything together. And put in the new spark plug. Tried to fire it up. Wouldn't start. Was frustrated. Started going threw and figure out what was wrong. Didn't know if timing was off. I was getting gas in the chamber. Checked the spark plug. About 2 weeks, trying to figure out, what was going on. Then tried to shoot starter fluid in carb. I got a hickup out of it. OK, but I know I'm getting gas in it. So buy chance double checked the spark plug. Was getting fire, but did look weak. So found my old spark plug, noticed it had a much better spark when I checked it. Put the old spark plug in.. Fired right up on first crank. OHHHHHH I was so POed. So I was sent a bad cam, and a bad spark plug. So I would check over your items very good before even installing. If something wrong, take pics, and get in touch with him right away. He does like replacing items. Just a FYI.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Lite Contributor

thanks will definitely keep that in mind.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:06 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeagle View Post
Becareful buying from that guy. I got same kit. First off, package got lost. Then finally got it, and was dmged. Package was smashed, and must have been sitting outside. But major water dmg. The cam and was rusted. And bought a crank from him at same time. Was rusted also. Took about 2 weeks before got replacement. Then when got the cam, the outside bearing was bad, out of the package. The first cam only had minor surface rust on outside edge, so cleaned it up, and used the first one. (didn't put in the crank) Waiting on that. But got everything together. And put in the new spark plug. Tried to fire it up. Wouldn't start. Was frustrated. Started going threw and figure out what was wrong. Didn't know if timing was off. I was getting gas in the chamber. Checked the spark plug. About 2 weeks, trying to figure out, what was going on. Then tried to shoot starter fluid in carb. I got a hickup out of it. OK, but I know I'm getting gas in it. So buy chance double checked the spark plug. Was getting fire, but did look weak. So found my old spark plug, noticed it had a much better spark when I checked it. Put the old spark plug in.. Fired right up on first crank. OHHHHHH I was so POed. So I was sent a bad cam, and a bad spark plug. So I would check over your items very good before even installing. If something wrong, take pics, and get in touch with him right away. He does like replacing items. Just a FYI.
That sucks that you had so much trouble buying from them. I have bought quite a few odds and ends and never had an issue with any of their stuff. Shipping was always pretty quick.

Hammerhead 250GTS