BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:22 AM
Lite Contributor

Default got a little stuck

well the lights are all replaced the new LED headlights are pretty nice and for only 21 bucks you cannot go wrong! the buggy is all painted an looking pretty as well. The boy is very excited to go for a ride whenever he can so I took the him across the road to a hay field to run the buggy a bit. There is a steep hill to get to the field and we went down it fine. but coming back up not so fine. I got stuck the buggy would not go anymore. It seemed like something was slipping. I called the wife as she weighs 70 pounds less than me and she went up the hill just fine. I know the motor is pretty whooped as it burns a whole lot of oil. I will be ordering the 58.5mm rebuild kit as soon as I get some money that is owed me in a couple weeks. But I also figured it was a good opportunity to install the yellow spring everyone talks about and I ordered a fresh belt as well to be safe. is there anything else I should do as well to let the buggy haul my butt around better on our mountain? I weigh 215 and the boy is 45 pounds. Thanks in advance for any help guys.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Lite Contributor

i have the same problem with mine going up steep hills and i only weigh 140 but you can get some lower wight sliders from dr.pulley it will give you more low end power so more torque for climbing the hill but you will lose some top end speed. you might want to do some research on different sliders and rollers to get just what you want though because i know some info about them but im not an expert
Old 09-19-2015, 08:15 AM

I would recommend a bigger valve/bigger port head that has the stiffer valve springs in it to put in a camshaft of your choice since you said you are going to be doing a 58.5 piston might as well do the top end for a little more $ and will wake up the buggy nicely and the hill shouldn't be a problem. Also posted above a 10 gram slider or 10 gram roller will help take off.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:24 AM

heres a link from what im talking about, I personally haven't bought this kit but a few guys have from here and like it. I have purchased other items from them though and they sure did ship quick for being in Puerto rico.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOOTER-125C...2b87b8&vxp=mtr

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 09-19-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Lite Contributor

thanks for the info guys. I saved the auction to my watch list so as soon as I get a couple bucks I will definitely be purchasing the rebuild kit. I am a bit confused about the slider/rollers. are they used in the same spot or are they 2 separate things? I am thinking they are different things as they are shaped totally differently. The winter is fast approaching so i am prepping for that. Firewood installing a new used plow. fun stuff like that. I received the new yellow main spring and a belt I ordered I think i will hold off on installing those until I do the motor rebuild. I will probably move the buggy into the garage next to my hotrod for the winter so i can work on it a bit during the deep freeze.