BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Lurker

Default yarf dog 3206

Hello all I have a issue with the yarf dog seems my son could not wait for me to get home and hooked battery up backwards and tried to start it.well it popped the fuse replaced fuse lights come on engine cranks but will not start. but if i take air cleaner off and chock with hand it will start and stay running until i remove hand.would this be a cdi issue? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostagain View Post

but if i take air cleaner off and chock with hand it will start and stay running until i remove hand.would this be a cdi issue? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
No, If the problem were with the CDI, the motor would not fire at all. The problem is with the fuel enrichener. It's a valve of sorts controlled by electric power. When the motor is cold the valve is open to allow extra fuel for easy starting. Same result as a conventional butterfly choke but adds more fuel instead of limiting air. As the motor warms to operating temputure, the valve slowly closes,( It's a calculated length of time) returning the motor to normal air/fuel ratio. Cupping your hand over the air intake gives the same results by limiting the air intake to achieve the needed over rich starting mode. Chances are you could cup that intake till the motor warms up and it would run fine Search the many post that describe the testing and replacement of the fuel enrichener. Accidentally reversing battery polarity could possibly jam the valve closed
Old 04-18-2017, 09:55 AM
Lurker

Thank You for the reply I will search and test the little bugger to see if that is the problem or not I do very much appreciate you help.sorry took so long to get back to you trying to get things done around he to sell house. Now that is a task after 28 years of yep save that i might use it some day lol.