BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > BuggyMasters News

BuggyMasters News Updates and relative site info is posted here.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Default Link exchange to other buggy type web sites

Updated on 5/3/2010 -

Since there is so much politics in here, let me explain:

Like any other forum, there are unfortunately unusual politics that happen behind the scenes.

Fact is, the forum sponsors that pay money each month in order to advertise, help to keep this forum alive which in turn keeps all of this excellent information available. No sponsors = no web site. It would simply not be right for the sponsors to pay the monthly fee yet have the competition get the business freely. I certainly would never tell you where to go to buy your parts but will always suggest that you buy the parts from a supporting vendor to further support the site.

Furthermore, as stated in this thread, during the first year of this site's life, please refrain from linking directly to competing sites. That particular restriction will be lifted at the 1 year mark which will complete the initial build up of the site. The one year mark is coming up in the middle of July, 2010.

Also as stated in this thread, casual mentions of most parts providors is openly welcome. The only ones that I flat out will remove are those sites that do not allow the mention of other sites like ours. - They do us no favors, we do them no favors. Yes politics.

The number one concern of this forum is the well being of the members and the information provided here. The members will always come before any business. Because the sponsors help to keep the site alive, thus allowing it to grow and provide information to the members, the sponsorship of the site will always be considered as valuable to the site, second only to the members. It is a fine line to balance on.

Got questions? Just ask.

-Original Post-
Hey guys. If you want to link off to other buggy related sites in your posts or your signatures, please make sure that the other site has a link back to us before hand. Link exchanges are excellent tools to spread the word about the buggy hobby/sport and as we grow, these exchanges can really get the snowball effect going and help us expand our neighborhood!

Please refrain from linking to buggy related sites that do not have a link back. If you'd like to put a link in your post to a buggy afiliated site and they don't have a link back, let me know who it is and I'll contact them for the link exchange.

Also avoid linking to vendors that are not one of our supporting vendors. Supporting vendors help keep the site alive.

Lastly, always avoid linking directly to any other buggy forum.

I have not mentioned any of this before in our initial startup time but at the rate we are growing I feel I should establish some kind of order regarding these areas. We're not worried about casual mentions. Trying not to be a stickler about it all just gotta draw a line somewhere in order to keep our community growing.

Not sure? Just ask!

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Updated to address recent member concerns.