BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > ATV, Dirt bike and UTV Reviews

ATV, Dirt bike and UTV Reviews Reviews for various ATV's, Dirt bikes and UTV's.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: 2007 Yamaha Wolverine 350

This is one of few machines that we actually bought brand new. Sadly, for it, we may have used this less than most machines we have had. The reason being is we discovered the buggy world right about the same time we bought this.

I consider this to be another fantastic four wheeler that I don't have much to say on the negative side. I found it to be very comfortable and pretty well balanced if you are doing jumps. The automatic transmission was great and I really enjoyed riding this four wheeler.

If any downside, it was the fact that it was a bit heavy. It launched rather well thanks to the CVT tranny but the weight would get the better of it at the top end. They make a 450cc version of it (which is on our hit list) that comes in four wheele drive. I suspect it is a bit faster. Our 350 topped out at about 46-47 mph. When raced against my friends Arctic Cat 454, we would spank him up until he got to the top of 3rd gear and then that was it. Still a great four wheeler.

Yamaha's Ultramatic CVT gives you the equivelant of a jake brake (engine brake). This is important if you ride in hilly areas. Without it, you are free rolling down hill. With their system, it slows you down as if you had a manual tranny and were going down hill in gear. Another great job, Yamaha.

I should also mention that friend of mine who is on the tall side (6'4") hated the feel of this four wheeler. Said he felt like he say up too high. If you are looking to get one of these, be sure to check it out in person to see how well it fits your ergonomics.

Pros: Comfortable all around nice automatic four wheeler.

Cons: A bit heavy.

BuggyMasters Overall Rating: 7 out of 10