BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 10-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Lurker

Default Cant get driven removed! Please help!

Decided to replace both driver and driven cluthes on my daughters Manco 606 b. Driver came off and the new one went on perfect. Driven did not want to budge so I took it apart and worked at it . the only part remaining is the pully side next to the chain sproket. The new driven shows no way of connecting directly to the sprocket or shaft. It appears that the only thing holding it is the collar with the set screw binding it to the shaft on the outboard side of the assembly. I got it broke down to just the inward side of the pulley. I played nice by bumping it with a rubber mallot and a piece of wood. No go. got a wheel puller and the inner side of the pulley would rather bend than slide off. Am I missing a set screw somewhere? WTF? The new driven shows no indication of anything other than sliding on and off off the shaft coming from the jackplate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1943.jpg (93.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1944.jpg (92.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1945.jpg (90.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Lurker

I had the same problem six months ago with my Manco. I even put the thing in a 10 ton press to get it off the jackshaft and it never budged. Soaked it for a week with penetrating oil and tried again. Still stuck. There was no set screws or other hardware holding it on the shaft. Ended up buying a new jackshaft, driven clutch, and sprocket. Hope you have better luck.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Lurker

Wow! I hope that is not the case here.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Contributor

it's already pretty fubar'd so you might as well heat the hub up with a torch; it should slide right off once it expands a bit....unless the key deformed in the slot and has it locked up.
definitely worth a try though.
good luck
Old 11-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Lurker

Took it down to my buddys body shop. He put it in a vice, broke out the cutting wheel to score both sides and done in 5 min!
Thank you!