BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Lurker

Default The new HH GTS 150

Hey everyone. Happy Thanksgiving! Was just wanting to let everyone know, HammerHead just released the gts150's to the dealers, they were on a stop ship for a little while. They are mostly the same animal, just with a few new changes. The first thing you will notice are the new tires. While they are the same size as before, the tread pattern is new, it is hammerhead sharks rather than the previous staggered chevron design. Also they have eliminated the turn signals which allows them to clean up the wiring harness a little more. They added a chain cover. And my favorite addition, possibly the most beneficial is the addition of an oil cooler and oil filter. This will add some oil capacity, plus the cooler oil and a filter should help these engines last longer. At this time I do not have any pics, however we should have one finished at work tomorrow and I will get pics of said updates. Again, I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

Dustin
Old 11-25-2016, 10:03 AM

cant wait to see some pics

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:22 PM
Lurker

Sorry guys, got sidetracked. But will get pics tomorrow for sure.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:07 PM
Lurker

Sorry for the wait, we sold the one we had built, and were busy with other sold units. But we got some built now.

In this picture, you can see the old next to the new tires.

In this one is the oil cooler, this is a top shot, the oil filter is on the bottom side.

This is under the driver seat, it is the manual choke cable.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alqaedahunter View Post
Hey everyone. Happy Thanksgiving! Was just wanting to let everyone know, HammerHead just released the gts150's to the dealers, they were on a stop ship for a little while. They are mostly the same animal, just with a few new changes. The first thing you will notice are the new tires. While they are the same size as before, the tread pattern is new, it is hammerhead sharks rather than the previous staggered chevron design. Also they have eliminated the turn signals which allows them to clean up the wiring harness a little more. They added a chain cover. And my favorite addition, possibly the most beneficial is the addition of an oil cooler and oil filter. This will add some oil capacity, plus the cooler oil and a filter should help these engines last longer. At this time I do not have any pics, however we should have one finished at work tomorrow and I will get pics of said updates. Again, I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

Dustin
Okay this is my first post here so hopefully I don't mess it up. : ) I just picked my 2017 up yesterday and you're spot on with the changes. I think there was one more as well. There is now a manual choke under the right front of the drivers seat. I'm going to try to get a youtube video up ASAP showing the changes.

Edit: I see your picture with the choke.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:01 PM
Contributor

All good additions.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:19 PM

that's a nice oil cooler and filter setup there.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Lurker

The Jury is still out on my 2017 HH. One of the headlights stopped working the 3rd day I had it. Looks like the dealer has to fix it according to the manual. Also the gas cap leaks but today I loosened it a bit and it has seemed to stop. Other than that its a blast so far. On another note I picked up a 2005ish Manco Intruder with the Robin Subaru engine for a really good price. The brake needs work and the front end is a bit off but it still runs great. The turning radius on the thing is terrible though.

I will say this. Driving the HH is like driving a Cadillac compared to the Manco lol.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Lurker

Manco picture hopefully. First time trying to upload a pic.

Last edited by keepITreal; 01-01-2017 at 09:29 PM.