BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 02-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Lite Contributor

Default New front wheel hubs?

I want to be able to put atv wheels and tires on the front of my yerf. I have a set ready to mount and on the back I am good to go, but the uni nut rim on the front will not allow me to mount the standard four hole wheel. I have seen the "white front hub" in several places but is that what I am needing? And do the hubs bit the standard atv wheels? I know I will have to remove the front mud guards................wait....there are none.....
Old 02-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Power User

there's a link floating around here in a couple threads that has a compilation of various atv rim sizes and bolt patterns. I went with 8-in. golf cart rims and hubs-- 4x4 pattern -- that required the golf cart axles. If you're going to upgrade the fronts, I'd go right to 10 inch rims so you can put disc brakes in if you want in the future. Only reason i didn't was I had the rims for free and a pair of good tires for $20.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Lite Contributor

I have a set off of a polaris 550. They look great and would give me great ground clearence. I don't care about the disc brakes on the front because I love to use the back brake lockup to power slide and the front brakes are a pain for that. And until I change the lawnmower tires that are on it now, the thing straightens out every curve anyway and will not let me slide or do a doughnut. But I still havent gotten the dadgum air fuel mix right. I even replaced the airbox with a racing filter. But without the filter or any breather hooked up, it still is not getting any air. I have been wanting to just buy a dadburn new engine, and I am toying with the idea of getting the honda gx240 and just fab that into place but I am hesitant because I know what the gy6 can do, just unaware of the abilities and performance of a lawnmore type engine. I know they have the power, but what about the torque and speed. Get my drift?