BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Mini Buggy Reviews

Mini Buggy Reviews Want to share your experience with a particular buggy? Do it here!

Old 09-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: Ken-Bar Streaker DD9

This was at one time one of Ken-Bar's upper ended models sporting a whopping 9hp engine where most were using a 6.5. This poor machine has many cons to it and not enough pros.

The biggest con is the weight of the machine vs the axle. Doing any jumps? Plan on a nice expensive axle. The engine was ok but didn't impress me like you would hope a 9hp would, again because of the weight. In addition, they used a unique torque converter, a TAV2, self contained unit. These are expensive. Seemed to hold up ok but of course needed a belt.

Don't get me wrong, if you look at the vid of it on your youtube site (http://www.youtube.com/buggymasters) you'll see that it ran ok but I'd pick another machine if I had to choose out of a line up. Something with shocks in particular.

Pros: At least you can still get parts from it. Ken-Bar is made in USA and still in business.

Cons: Heavy and parts are expensive.

Overall BuggyMasters Rating: 4 out of 10