BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > FrankenBuggy Tech

FrankenBuggy Tech Unconventional and Home Built Buggy Tech Forum

Old 01-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Looking for a Reasonable Priced liquid Cooled Snowmobile Engine

I am creating a much bigger project than I imagined and would love to find a two or four stroke liquid cooled 500 600cc snowmobile engine running and resaonable priced. I live in Michigan and would pay for shipping if anyone has or knows of a complete running that is in good shape. Thanks Robert I would even be willing to do a swap on my brand new in crate 16hp duromax, polaris transmission with comet 40 series all brand new still in boxes waiting for the kart to complete.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Lite Contributor

You should be able to find a good sled engine up in your neck of the woods. Check things like Craigslist for maybe a wrecked sled or something. I see 'em on eBay too.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Power User

with the way scrap prices have been, you'd be amazed at what is getting dropped at the scrap/salvage yards. Check around to see if you have any nearby and pay them a visit. Price wise you can end up way ahead of the game.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Wait a minute!!! The newly built chassis is already being diverted to a LARGE,FASTER more powerful power plant?!!!!! I thought this was just an around the farm fun machine!!!! You know you've contracted the sickness It's all down hill from here
Old 01-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Power User

yep ... it'll never end .... )))
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Lite Contributor

It might be prudent to stick with a lower horsepower set-up like your original plans. Sometimes bigger engines and more power only tear up more stuff, but I completely understand the temptation for "more power".
Old 01-31-2012, 12:31 AM
Contributor

I have an 86 Yamaha Phasor with a 480 air cooled, 2 cycle engine, 65-75 hp, but most importantly it is electric start and recently rebuilt. The motor has a belt driven cooling fan on it for engine cooling and it moves a lot of air. The sled was well taken care of and extremely clean. It does have a bad CDI box in it. A CDI box is $35.00 on ebay right now. The guy I bought it from, stuck a cdi from another sled into it and it started right up. This is a complete sled and includes a newly recovered seat, fair track, if you want to ride it that is.

I purchased this to put it into a HH250SS but I have changed my mind and am now going to get rid of the sled & leave the HH alone. I paid $350.00 for the sled and I will part with it for the same price. I will even local deliever it to whichever shipper you want to pay for, if whole. If you wanted just the parts then it is the same price plus $150.00 to crate the engine, clutches, exhaust, wiring harness, jack shaft and what ever else you want from it that will fit on a single 4x4 pallet.

Oil injection pump has been blocked off so you have to mix your fuel.

Also avaliable:
A pink low rpm primary clutch spring and the heaviest counter weights made for the clutch and an additional $115.00. High Tension spring for secondary is an additional $32.00. According to the book it should engage at around 2300-2500 rpm's.

These are all the prices I paid for them, not making any extra. I have to many projects and this one is needing a new home.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

I meant to ask- How are you going to get reverse with the sled engine?or are you buying a newer model to get it?