BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info

Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info Forum for Buggy Clubs, Organized Riding Events etc...

Old 05-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Supporting Vendor

Default Video of Spring Black River Bash

Well this is my first attempt with my new sport camera. Video is from the spring ride in Piedmont MO by the Black River.Since this camera come with the drivers I found out I needed a program other then the Microsoft to convert recording .Finally kinda sorta figured it out then come the time to share some video on You Tube then just copy and past the link elsewhere. Simple task RIGHT? WRONG!! An 11 minute video after several attempts to upload over 72 hours. the last attempt took 4 hours with the great AT&T DSL Ultra. After tying up several hours with AT&T as well as the service tech I'm told my DSL service is fine after all I cannot dispute this for they showed me the speeds on their speed checker. But then I found some discrepancies on some forums about AT&T then checked my speed with 3 other well known options. I'm slightly faster then dial up.The sad part is this is the only choice I have since I cannot get Comcast, so now I'll be firing off the complaints to the FCC, BBB, and Public Srv. Commission in hope this will get those greedy ba&tards to give me what I'm paying for. Anyway here is my first attempt, no music no editing haven't gotten that far yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_fiuR1lOK8
Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Power User

Trying to get video edited and uploaded can be a real fun task. One thing i discovered in researching my massive you tube upload times -- is that it isn't typically the connection speed or type at all.

Rather it's the software used to edit and create the final clip or movie. Some programs package the video in what can best be termed an "envelope" I had this issue with the clips i created with my NCH VideoPad software. Apparently every little data bit is being "examined" or "read" during the upload. If it's in an "envelope", the host site's programming is interpreting, opening, extracting the bit and closing the envelope for every bit. Imagine if every noodle in a box of spaghetti was packed in it's own little sleeve and you needed to cook spaghetti for a crowd of 100 people ....

I have a JVC with really tedious software to use, which is why i went to the NCH, edits beautifully, but uploads are horrible.

Then i got the Go Pro. the company's cinestudio software edits ok for cutting clips, but wont' sync to my NCH.

What i found that resolved both issues was to dig up software that can convert the raw clips from either camera to microsoft windows moviemaker .avi files, then use Moviemaker to create the movie or clip as a .wmv file. The exact same clip that took several hours to upload to youtube was done uploading in less than 20 minutes.

So what you need is a video file convertor software and moviemaker.--which you should have.

I'm not a big fan of moviemaker's editing "options" etc. but it works best of what i've tried.

And of course, now i see that it is a wmv file---did you use moviemaker as the final program to create the movie? if so, then you're 100 percent on your connection ... sry (and i did watch the vid, envious of everyone out riding) you may want to put a little piece of foam over the camera's microphone to balance out the noise levels

Last edited by x-bird; 05-10-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Tom-I enjoyed the vid!!! Do they place all the downed trees across the trail on purpose?What type of sports camera did you use?
Wow- if it took several hours to upload a vid I'd never want to publish one. Maybe I'm lucking out because my camera is dated (2008 model Sony camera DCR SR45) best quality is 480. My computer is old too!! running XP. Best of luck with your DSL provider!!!

x-bird- I changed from Microsoft Movie Maker to NCH Videopad because it was faster than Movie Maker on my computer! Moviemaker froze up too much, I upload quite a bit and the longest one took about an hour & 1/2 for around 15 mins. of vid., most of my uploads times to youtube run about 20 mins. I've found that time of day uploading to Youtube makes a huge difference. Afternoon uploads are much quicker than late night.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Supporting Vendor

NCH Video pad is what I used , when I tried to use movie maker I got good video but no sound.I was talking to someone who told me to get Pinnacle or Magic X movie editor. I will have to purchase these but was told they are well worth it especially if I want to sync with music and they supposedly have a pretty large library of music to get around the copyright laws. I'm using an Extreme Cam to shoot the video. I also have a Sony, TV networks call a lap camera. They use them when going to a news scene and get there before the camera crew van. That come with a program that is super easy to upload video even for computer dummies like me. I have a short video from the bash a few years back of 4 minutes that took less then 30 seconds to upload, but will not recognize this new cam. Your experience with NCH is right on with what I experienced. However my DSL speeds are still way too low for what I'm paying for. Any video I try to watch I now have to watch on the 260 lowest quality and still have to wait 15 minutes for a 3 minute video to buffer before watching most of the time and I can forget about watching say Netflix. Its funny how when I complain and they come out everything works good until they leave. The last 2 days I've read nothing positive of AT&T. Seems since they have acquired all the little guys to become a giant they keep getting more customers but won't upgrade their equipment.