BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Newest member of Racing Dreamz

I wanted to share our newest page on Racing Dreamz. More info to come about our other kids.

http://racingdreamz.org/RDKids.html
Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 AM

Awesome!
I read a couple of the articles and watched the interview. Great story. I hope you guys get a sponsor to help with the all the finances that goes with motorsports. I quit racing quads 18 years ago because after my Dad got cancer we couldn't afford it anymore ( did not have a sponsor). Riding is still my passion and will always be. I too have a child with special needs ( my middle child - Jax). He has a chromosome abnormality which makes hims developmentally delayed and have seizures. He will be 4 next week and still can't walk or talk. I am a nurse and self diagnosis a lot, but I think he might also have some form of autism too. Anyways he is a happy kid in general. I sold my dirtbike and bought a mini buggy and his face lights up when I strap him in and go riding. He loves it so much! Thank you for sharing your story. Below is a picture of him and I.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Lite Contributor

Awww. That made my day. A child's smile is what it's all about. Good luck to you on your son. He will always remember your kindness and fun times in the buggy.

Yea, the financial part is the hardest. Austin's needs are great and we just dont have the means to help him other than support from some of our sponsors(Performance Physixx), which are much better suited to help his driving. But we try to keep spreading the word and hopefully some good folks will step up and help this great young driver.

Racing Dreamz itself has great needs. We're trying to lease an old 1/4 mile asphalt oval track with 30+ acres and turn it into a racing complex that will be able to host both oval racing, road course and an off road course. But we dont give up. Like the kids, they never give up and neither should we.

Thanks for the photo. Keep 'em smiling!!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:39 PM

I did land surveying for 10 years and use to live out in Arizona. One of my friends opened his own Land surveying firm and his dream is to build and design race tracks.
He is now working on his first project out there. I can give him a call. He might know of some people or companies might have an interest in your group or might donate it something. Any ways a call can't hurt.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Lite Contributor

Sure thanks. Bob Barnard had volunteered to design our road course track, but that was only on the condition it was on our own personal property. With leased property, probably not. But yea, if you can get someone interested in designing a road course and an off road course to coincide with the oval, I'm all ears. Thanks
Old 07-20-2013, 02:32 PM

I passed on your info to my friend. He has been slammed at work, but he said he will check it out. Just trying to spread the word. Good luck and great foundation.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks
Old 07-21-2013, 07:35 AM

He sure looks like his daddy!!! Awesome guys!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:42 AM

Loves off roading like his Daddy too. Thanks.