BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 09-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Contributor

Default Washers in right crank case????

So i did some work to my cn250. When i took the right crank case cover off i somehow had 2 washers in there that look like they would fit a 1/4" bolt or maybe a little bigger. I have no idea where these go. I have looked everywhere in there and looked at every diagram i could and have found nothing. They are silver in color and not copper like the others used throughout most of the buggy. Any ideas? Im lost and would really like to put this thing back together without having any worries.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 09-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Power User

not a clue, never been inside one. only thought would be is for the fan bolts or between fan and flywheel?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Lite Contributor

As far as I know there is only 1 silver washer for the timing guide on the left side of the engine when you are facing it from the flywheel side. How 2 of them wound up inside the engine is a mystery to me unless somebody threw them in there when they assembled the engine. There is another washer that goes onto the crankshaft that is used between the flywheel and flywheel nut but it is larger. Under the valve cover there are 4 washers that go onto the studs but they are copper as are the washers for the oil pipe on the outside of the engine. I recently rebuilt my CN250 about 6 months ago. The only silver washer I came across other than the large washer for the flywheel was the one for the timing guide as I already mentioned.