BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Lurker

Default first buggy-first mods!!!!

hey guys,
new to the site and the buggy world.found so much info here on diffrent subjects i googled i had to join!!!!! i just bought a 08' carbide 7150 for $400 unfortunitaly cosmetically trashed to say the least but in fair running order. found out at this site that these things have gy6 clone engins in them(a suprise to me) so the mods start................... prodigy race clutch & housing, 115mm performance variator and fan, mixed roller weights 10g 11g 12g(to get dialed in),1000-1500-2000rpm torque springs,1000 1500 2000rpm clutch springs,743 k-belt, 11 coil stator-11 point magneto,no-limit cdi, bando race coil,iridium plug,30mm carb,performance intake manifold,uni filter,drilled exhaust(for now)......................all on the way now,this week will be like X-mass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only problem is...as of now i cant even bring them home from my younger brothers house, im not verry talented in the small engin dept. My younger brother on the other hand is a wizz
Im smart enough that with a little guideance i can probably get all of these mods done without harassing him to the point where he dosent want to help me ne more at all.
This is where u guys come in hopefuly,what i am looking for exactly is reccomendations on witch torque&clutch springsto use and when changing them do u need to do them both equally? what results should i expect to see when doing so???? also after i switch the stator ect. will i need an up graded modifyer/regulator?
thanks for being sooooo helpful to nubies like me with ur guys help i might even teach him something(someday)!!!!!

please respond im looking for any input!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Contributor

It really depends on what you want out of it top or bottom end power. For more bottom I'd say yellow main spring and 10g rollers. I wouldn't touch the arm springs unless the clutch is slipping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeulR4W1_PU
Old 04-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Heavy Contributor

Wow! Thats a lot of stuff to throw into a motor at one time. You will have best results by doing one change at a time, get it working properly before moving to the next.
For example: The ignitions can't work correctly if the charging system isn't working correctly. Can't get the carb tuned correctly if the ignition is off. can't get the cvt setup right if the motor isn't tuned right.
You see where I'm going. Each phase is Dependant on the previous. It's extremely difficult to pinpoint a problem when a symptom can be be caused by multiple factors.
hit up GX150 for stator help, he is the electrics guru.
Get Rich1 on the carb. that guy can tune!
The rest of us can help with the other stuff.
it will be interesting to see this motor progress. keep us posted on the effects of each upgrade.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Lurker

CKAU, your right i plan on putting everything on a shelf and doing one thing at a time i can barley change the oil now so it will take some time. i am pretty new to this and am haveing trouble finding these guru's your talking about i need to know if i need some kind of rectifyer? my electric system is deff. first on my list!!!!!!!