BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 05-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Contributor

Unhappy carbides will roll!!!!!!!!

well my son has gotten pretty good at drifting his buggy (fox carbide) and i am glad that he has finally started listening and wear his helmet and seat belt cause now he believes me that it will roll. My biggest issue is that he came out of the buggy the seat belt came unbuckled wish i was recording this crash now that he is ok sprained his wrist really bad bruised elbow black eye and all he cared about was is his buggy ok. that sucker rolled four times and stopped on its side it would been a good how not to go into a doughnut into a mud hole. But like i said hes ok the buggy is scratched but dont see anything broken or bent, think he wished it had a battle scar to how funny 11 year olds go figure. anyway he is watching baja races on tv and said hey is that what i looked like dad, no son yours looked better with all that mud flying
Old 05-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

So glad you had a good/humorous story to tell instead of a tragic one- He'll definitely have a memory of this forevever and hopefully it'll make him smarter-safer in years to come when he joins the rest of us on the streets. Have you figured out why the seat belt came unbuckled?
Old 05-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Contributor

Well I cleaned it up and when I buckle the belt I can jerk it loose looks like a good time to get better one passenger sides fine . It wasn't very funny at first till I seen he was pretty much ok it was amazing that's all that he ended up with though it was outrageous how that sucker kept rolling started right up
Old 05-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Contributor

Glad your boy is ok man. Once that is certain. I'm happy about the buggy aswell. Becareful is doesn't give him the superman affect. I got it when was younger and trashed a 110 Honda three wheeler. Then broke some ribs on the old orange Suzuki four wheelers. I think it was a 185cc? Had a rear rack.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Lite Contributor

Glad to hear all is well!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

Glad to hear all is well. You might consider installing or having installed some 5 point belts. I have lobbied this with several chinese buggy distributors as well as companies, but I guess the dollar prevails no matter what country your in.Important thing is to have a good quality helmet and wear it all the time as well as using the seat belts. If your belt is broken, you need to replace it, give me a call since I have a few sets of take offs from installing 5 pt. harnesses.

TOM
Old 05-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Contributor

Glad to hear everything is ok and definitely spend the money for a real safety belt for him. Don't wanna roll the dice on cheapo belts. We are in the process of incorporating true 5 point belts in all of ours with an anchor point for the crotch strap as my daughter broke her elbow when we rolled my Joyner in January.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeulR4W1_PU