BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Lurker

Default Helix 150 help!

I am a newbee to the kart scene so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a new Manco Helix 150 which I purchased from a local Tractor Supply Company. It was a display model and I got it for $800.00 because it was outside for 9 months. I was able to get it running (no key), but I am having a problem. The kart has reverse, which works fine and has plenty of power. The problem is in forward gear the vehicle lacks power to where you have to back up hills and even on inclines. With a passenger...forget it. On level ground it takes a few seconds to pick up speed and then it is fine. Did I get scammed as there was no warranty or owners manual....hence the discounted price. I bought this for my kids and they don't want to ride it because its a slug.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Heavy Contributor

reverse is 3 to 1 ratio more power-foward is 1 to 1.you could have a roller turned in
varitor pull cvt cover & check inside. look in the manual section for your model
30mm cv pumper carb
uni filter no rev cdi
polaris xlt snowmobile shocks for front
w/550 magnum springs & blaster fronts on rear
and another buggy built working on mods gk-13
white spring 17 gram sliders so far
Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Lurker

Where can I get a manual on this. When I purchased the buggy it didn't come with one.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Heavy Contributor

look in the manual section
30mm cv pumper carb
uni filter no rev cdi
polaris xlt snowmobile shocks for front
w/550 magnum springs & blaster fronts on rear
and another buggy built working on mods gk-13
white spring 17 gram sliders so far
Old 09-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Lurker

I have one of these buggies and love it. It definitely say it's the rollers. First thing after you get the rollers fixed is that you need to change the oil. These things ship with some cheap break in oil.

Also watch this video it might help you also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZGJ7aNp0W8

Also here is a link to the manual. http://www.amsportworks.com/ipls.php?cat=gokarts

The model of buggy that you have is the 6150.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Top of the tech section has the manuals as well.

I'd say you did fine with it. Regarding no power, does it rev up in nuetral? (yes, they have a nuetral position.)
Old 09-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Supporting Vendor

You should do a complete inspection on it. Don't know where your located but if your T/S is like ours the display models set outside chained up and never move. You could have anything from a dobber nest to a rats nest inside the cvt cover and even the air box. I agree with the rest that it sounds to be in the variator. TOM
Old 09-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Lurker

I'm with them, Variator. Mine is pretty close to stock and I weigh 250+ and can do dounuts all day
Old 09-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Lurker

Well, I took it all apart. Great "how to" video by the way. Everything seemed to be fine with just a little clutch dust on the rollers. I cleaned them up, re-installed them and put a fine coat of oil on the inner bushing and then wiped it with a rag. Prior to the disassembly the motor reved up fine in neutral as it does now. I changed the oil and fuel filter (pancake style....which they installed backwards...couldn't see the arrows with all of the grime) with a high flow inline type. I should have checked that first but we all assume ...right? It idles nice and has no leaks around the intake and I am just waiting for my test pilot to give it a go. I am still recovering from a compound elbow fracture two months ago where I nicked my artery and tore all of the ligiments and tendons off my forearm.....accidents happen, always ride with a buddy( I'm 44)....boys and their toys.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:13 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtopaulie View Post
I am still recovering from a compound elbow fracture two months ago where I nicked my artery and tore all of the ligiments and tendons off my forearm.....accidents happen, always ride with a buddy( I'm 44)....boys and their toys.
Ouch! Thats a brutal accident. Hope that heals well.
Stroker Crank/BB 180 kit
Mikuni VM28 - 35 Pilot - 140 Main
A12 cam
blaster shocks x4
vapor speedo