BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Lurker

Exclamation New (to me) buggy/rebuild/learning experience

Hey guys and gals,

I just recently purchased (on the cheap) a mini-buggy. Problem is, I don't know what it is. It's worn out, rusted, left for dead by someone about 4-6 years ago probably. And I'm reaching out to the community for some help. I've been working on it for about a week and a half now, and have learned a LOT about these buggies already, so I'll be on here to offer some advice and share my lessons learned with all who care to listen.

So back to the buggy. The emblems on the old seat headrests and front of the buggy say "Tomberlin" so that led me to believe I had a Tomberlin Crossfire 150R. I say "R" because it has front disk brakes and a reverse shifter on it. However the styling of the front end is NOT Tomberlin, it looks exactly like the Baja Dune 150 on all my Google searches.

So what gives!??! Has anyone ever heard of this? A Crossfire/Dune hybrid/clone/retarded step-child? I'll post pics if need be. Thanks for helping out. And likewise, if you have any questions of me, just PM me or hit me up on here, thanks again!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Heavy Contributor

crossfires & baja are made in same factory one of my buggies is a punisher 2
i will try to add a front picture 2nd pic is my grandson driving
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buggy 001.jpg (62.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg buggy1 006.jpg (62.9 KB, 32 views)
30mm cv pumper carb
uni filter no rev cdi
polaris xlt snowmobile shocks for front
w/550 magnum springs & blaster fronts on rear
and another buggy built working on mods gk-13
white spring 17 gram sliders so far
Old 11-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Lurker

YUP! That's it. Actually shortly after posting that, I went google searching again and found the Tomberlin Punisher and realized that was it. Do you happen to know much about that specific buggy? As far as like, the years produced, anything specific about the vehicle which makes it different than the Dune 150? Also, I have posted on the "wanted/for sale" threads that I'm looking for 2 seats for the thing. I will buy new if I have to but I'm kinda looking for 2 used, but in good shape seats. Thanks for the info and pictures.

BTW, those are some awesome springs/shocks you have on yours, what are they!?!?!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Administrator

those are supposed to be a pretty nice buggy. Even better if you got it cheap!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Heavy Contributor

look at my signature-shocks are snowmobile w/550 magnum springs punishers were made
from 2005 thru 2008 i am pretty sure-they have lots better ball joints than crossfires or
baja's [bigger] more leg room inside the a-arms do not go inside frame wider than baja's
or both crossfires-better geared also-i have gpsed mine at 44 mph but i have lots of
adds
30mm cv pumper carb
uni filter no rev cdi
polaris xlt snowmobile shocks for front
w/550 magnum springs & blaster fronts on rear
and another buggy built working on mods gk-13
white spring 17 gram sliders so far
Old 12-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Lurker

Default Here it is

Here it is boys and girls. I'm just going to put this one picture in here for reference so I can keep this post open. I'll put the rest of the "initial" pictures in the introduction section, where I have not yet started a thread. This is what it looked like when I picked it up about 3 weeks ago.

If my picture is too big, sorry admin folks, I tried to resize it with photobucket, any tips on making it comply? If not, belay my last.