BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 12-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Lurker

Default speaker problem

G'Day To all, A quick question that has maybe been answered before but I could not find it in any threads I looked at. Where do you plug in the speaker power cable on a Hammerhead 250ss
Old 12-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Are the factory cables not there? I honestly can't remember if those are powered subwoofers or not. If I remember right, the ipod cable goes in on the center dash somewhere.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Lurker

Default Speakers

Thanks Buggymaster, The speakers are powered cable is there but no idea where it goes. Yes ipod connects on the dash and that is all I know HOPING someone out there knows. NEED to know where the power cable for the speaker goes Thankyou
Old 01-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Contributor

on the passenger side of the dash there is a little black cap covering the port for your device (mp3 player, ipod, etc.) that is where you plug it in. remember that the key must be on to power the speakers. and yes, they do have a powered amp to run the speakers. if you are still not getting any sound then check the back of the speakers. there are mini fuses and plugs that may have come loose......let me know what you find....
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
39T SPROCKET (coming soon)
Old 01-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Contributor

if you need the actual wiring schematic.....take a look at this and it may help.
http://www.hammerheadoffroad.com/owners/ss250.pdf
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
Old 01-02-2011, 03:48 AM
Lurker

Thanks KID4LIFE, Had the missus come out and look after a couple of days of seaching.....And you guessed it.....She found it ( in the first five minutes). Coming out of the relay box above the engine is a two pronged white square connection. The speaker power lead connects into this BUT I (WE) found that the ipod lead has to be plugged into the main speaker (input) and NOT the dash(input) to work. I hope by posting this it helps others who buy the Hammerhead 250ss to figure out something that should be in the manual I recieved for this machine. All the best and THANKS for the replies.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Lite Contributor

Sounds like you are having the same problem I am. I just purchased a new 250ss right before Christmas. The speaker configuration on mine is different than any others I have seen. The speakers are mounted on the bar behind the seat rather than on the side of the kart, and the amplifier is mounted right behind passenger seat. The MP3 player needs to be plugged into the amplifier, no longer in the dash. When I tried to use the speakers I noticed there was no power to the amplifier. I found a switched lead in the wiring harness, but it is not connected to the amplifier. I had the dealer I bought the 250ss from call Hammerhead yesterday, and they told them that many of the new 250ss's are missing the power cord. Hammerhead told him that I should make my own cord, but I told him that I wanted them to send me the cord. I am supposed to get an answer today.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Contributor

i'm not having any issues with mine, they work fine but something definitely sounds wrong with your set-up. can you post a couple pictures of yours? the amplifier should actually be INSIDE the left speaker. it's not a seperate component. the power lead comes into the left speaker on mine and then back out of the left one and over into the right one. i plug my mp3 player into the plug on the dash. unless something has changed with the new models of buggies, something isn't right on yours. pic's would help though.
thanks, dave
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Contributor

here is a pic of the right side of my my buggy with speaker. the amp is INSIDE the speaker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG00053-20100404-1341.JPG (13.4 KB, 13 views)
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
Old 01-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Lite Contributor

Your speaker setup is the one I have always seen in pictures. As I said, my speakers are mounted on the bar behind the seats, not on the side of the rack, and the amplifier is mounted behind the passenger seat, but there is no 12v DC input wire connected to the amp. The MP3 player must now be plugged into the amp rather than the dash. There is actually still a hole in my dash for the connection location. I will take pictures when I get a chance. I just took delivery on mine before Christmas. Maybe Hammerhead changed the setup.

Pictures of new setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4288.jpg (93.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4289.jpg (91.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4290.jpg (92.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Turf; 01-04-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Attach Pictures
Old 01-09-2011, 02:00 AM
Lurker

G'Day Turf, This will not help you ,Sorry. But your system looks after market fitted ( the speakers ) I maybe wrong. My amp is fitted in the same place as yours. All I have gather in surfing the net is that from country to country very systems hooks up differently ( even the U.S. buggies that look the same as the ones down under). If I where you I would be hounding the seller of your buggy for answers. Best of luck.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:04 AM
Lite Contributor

Spoke to Hammerhead in Dallas. They told me the speaker design has been changed, and the new buggies will have the speaker set up shown in the picture I posted. They also told me that they just received the power supply cords.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Lurker

G'Day Turf, That is good news mate! Hopefully soon you will hear what you want to hear out of them speakers.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Lurker

Hi Turf

I just purchased a HH250ss today and the power cord is missing on mine also. The owner of the store told me he would get me one. I also dont have the plug-in port on my dashboard, but I will just hook my player somewhere else, its no problem. But the power cable is a problem.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Lite Contributor

The dealer I bought mine from is supposed to get the cord this week. In the interim I made my own cord out of some electrical materials. If you have the same setup as I do, there should be a switched lead (white plastic with two spade terminals inside) hanging behind the carburetor. I attached a piece of decent gauge wire to two female spade terminals. The female spade terminals slid right on the switched lead. (You may may to crimp the spade terminals slightly) The amplifier connection had two round posts. For this end I took two crimp wire connectors and connected them to the opposite end of the spade terminals. The crimp connectors slid right over the posts on the amplifier. (Again you may have to crimp slightly) My kids have ridden for a few hours and the connections have never come off. For the player connection, there is a port on the amplifier (right behind passenger headrest) the an MP3 player can plug into.