BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Lurker

Question any manco suggestions

Hi All . I just picked up a manco IntruderII model#607c ,It has the 7hp robin subaru motor . It needs a cluch And I wanted to find the strongest cluch out there plus I need more power and wanted some advice on if i can or should try to beef up the 7 or just stuff a bigger motor in it .Any advice would be appreciated , I'm new to the gocart scene & don't quite know where to start my parts search. Thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Seems to me that those have a torque converter on them, right?
Old 01-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Lurker

yes you are correct , Like I said Just picked it up dont know Alot about it yet The sproket looks very worn on it
Old 01-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Those engines that they put on there are some of the most reliable made. Fantastic engines. They have a comet 30 series torque converter. Most torque converters don't get the proper maintenance that they need. I would try to clean up those pieces as best I could and see how usable they are.

Regarding a bigger engine, what people don't think about is that a bigger engine isn't necesarrily going to give you more speed. Will it get you up to speed quicker? Sure but when you get to the bigger engines, in most cases the RPM is governed even lower than the 7hp engine so you will wind up going slower!!! Now granted, bigger engines are how you make it burn the tires off with their abundant torque.

BUT....most of the bigger engines have a larger output shaft for connecting the torque converter. Where as the one you have now is a 3/4 and will work easily with the 30 series Comet, if you have to move up to a torque converter that accomodates the 1" shaft of the bigger engines, now you are in a whole new financial ball game.

Point being, stick with the engine you have now. Want to upgrade? Get into a full mini buggy.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Lurker

Thanks for the reply ! I just wanted to get a feel for some of the things that can be done to this buggy
Old 01-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

The Manco 607c is a pretty decent buggy/go kart from the factory.We had one a few years back and the only mod I did was larger wheels and tires.Did you get it cheap?By the way- excellent explaination Buggymaster, you covered it all.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:24 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
The Manco 607c is a pretty decent buggy/go kart from the factory.We had one a few years back and the only mod I did was larger wheels and tires.Did you get it cheap?By the way- excellent explaination Buggymaster, you covered it all.
Thanks ,Yeah I think I got a Pretty good deal ,Partial trade so not much out of pocket ! BTW what size wheels did you use?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

I used 10" wheels in the rear and 9" in the front(they came off a 4-wheeler I parted out).We needed some extra ground clearance for our trails.It steered alot better with the larger fronts (about18"-19"tires)and the 19"-20"x 11" rears gave it more stability.