BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 03-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Lurker

Default Info help

murray kilowatt 6.5 tec motor

what is the rpm of the 6.5 tec

i found new hubs for a 4" circle bolt pattern cani use atv or golf cart rims

if my info i was looking at is right its 3000 rpm and 4x101 rims any one know if thats right which if i put the 12" golf cart rims and a 12/48 gear it will go 27mph by the speed cal on diy go karts
Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Pretty sure max rpm is 3,500. Did you acutually count the rear axle sprocket? (48t seems small) I was thinking the stock tires on the rear were 8 X 18" or 19", so if you go taller the speed will increase but bottom end will lag. Mine gps'd @ 34 mph (only change was 6" driven) Can't confirm the 4 X 101, I believe it's a 4 X 110 and it's the same as Yerfdog,Manco and Honda -You can always redrill the hubs for 4 X 4" or if wheels are aluminum redrill them.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

top govern speed 3,750 from the Tecumseh spec's
Old 03-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Lurker

well the plans are golf kart or atv rims and shocks the 12/48 gear set is good for speed but i would never be able to get up and down hills so im going to have to find a happy middle
Old 03-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

I actually used a set of golf cart 8" steel wheels back when and had to cut the center ring bigger to fit and re drilled the bolt pattern-they worked till i found some nicer wheels! I can't remember-are the hubs round or an "X" shape on the Kilowatt? if they're round just move to the center of the stock bolt pattern and re-drill them, golf cart wheels seem to be always available cheap and Polaris rear wheels use that same bolt pattern as well as Northern tools wheel set up's.Is the 12/48 what's on the kart now?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Lurker

no the cart is bone stock still has the belt im going to buy the chain set up im planing on buying the hub upgrades off this website http://willardssmallengines.com/shop...ubs/page1.html they have everything