Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 110

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 115

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 125

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 135

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 140

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home1/buggyman/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php on line 145
Possible end to our beloved helix.... - BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Default Possible end to our beloved helix....

Well it was a bad day for the Helix today. Son didn't see me on the four wheeler trying to get his attention and cut the wheel right.....right in front of me and a niece on the four wheeler. Plowed into him dead hit into the front right wheel on the helix. Zero damage to the four wheeler. Had the front brakes locked up to where we were almost catapulted over board but just caused us to do a reverse wheelie and drop back down. The helix took the full impact. Damage shown in the pics below. Took us a while to figure out what happened but the impact actually bent the frame where there is a center running bar that comes up from the bottom around to the front bumper. The entire geometry of the front end is hosed. Don't know how easy it will be to get it straigtened out correctly. Might become a parts machine. May be time to get a 250. Just gotta think about it. We have had this machine for about 3 years and it has been a fantastic machine. Son isn't really happy about it right now and neither is my left old-ass knee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01912.JPG (76.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01913.JPG (71.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01917.JPG (54.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 04-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

I smell a heims configuration coming on with a Yerfdog style spindle.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry for commenting twice in a row but that's no damage!!!! I see this kind of mishap almost every weekend during the summer when the kids have guest over-Looks like an opportunity to me!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Contributor

hey walk away before you write it off youll fixit thankfully no ones hurt metal bends and parts are cheap. that kinda looks like our carbide im staightening know my son found tree stump or fence post that wasnt visible in the field any way good luck and dont bend to fast
Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

A jack and some chain will strairten it right up.

TOM
Old 04-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Administrator

well MetalStudMan if you want to buy it like it sits, give me a call. We're going to move on to the next thing...not sure what it is just yet...
Old 04-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Tempting but all our rides are getting ATV engines and my son didn't for some reason care for the Helix. I can fix it for you if you can wait a weekend or two.