BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Lite Contributor

Talking Getting back into buggies! Which way should I go?!

Ok, like an idiot, I didn't research the area I was transfered to for my job a few years ago. I didn't think there was a place to ride the buggies. So, instead of haul them out, maintain them, store them, etc, etc and not be able to ride them, I sold them. Turns out there WAS several places to ride!

Anywho, I got transfered back a little closer to where I used to live, and I have plenty of places to ride now. Also, the kids are up into buggy driving age/size now.

So, I'm going to sell (or trade for package deal) my '03 VTX 1800 C with all sorts of extra goodies, and buy 3 buggies!

The wife and I never get to ride the motorcycle so we're going to get rid of it and get back into buggies which is something the family can do together.

Here's my internal debate:

I'll be getting at least 1 150cc buggy for the smaller kids. The oldest and the wife could both handle a 250cc if I got them one. And, I'm not the lightest I could be (270lbs) so I'm leaning toward getting myself a 250cc or bigger as well. Although, I've had a Yerf and my buddy has a newer Trailmaster, and they haul my fat but around alright with a kid in the buggy and do surprisingly well with another adult riding with me.

What are your recommendations? If it makes a difference, I'm 6'3" 270lbs (but dropping...for now). The wife is 5'4" (I've been told weight doesn't matter.) Oldest is 11. She's 5'2" and growing like crazy. Younger two are 6 & 7 but on the taller side of average. I'm hoping I can get a 150 that the younger two can drive with some assitance over the next year or two and grow into driving by themselves rather than buying one of the kid carts now and having to buy a bigger cart in a year.

Last edited by the_law_man01; 09-21-2015 at 01:01 PM.