BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 08-24-2015, 07:48 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Kandi Buggy Refurb Project Updated

Well got some work done on the kids buggy this weekend.
DIY cold air
I ordered a K&N style 42mm air filter from ebay. and wen to Lowes and picked up a chrome drain pipe and rubber interconnect. this replaced the empty air box with took a little finagling to get it on and everything but it came out really nice. I want to make a better support bracket for it but that is on my list of to do's.
new fuel pump and fuel filter.
I ordered a new fuel pump from ebay last week as I was not getting any gas to the motor. SO I drained the tank (little messy job and smells so good) and replaced the pump and for good measure the boy and I ran to napa and picked up a fresh filter and checked all the lines for obstruction. also check the tank which did not appear to have any rust or scale in it at all surprisingly.
Ghetto paint job
My son asked me to paint the buggy red. So I figured why not the bright yellow factory paint was sun bleached to urine yellow anyways. So I picked up a quart or red rustolium and a pack of sponge brushes and spent Saturday afternoon painting the buggy. It is not pro job but looks much better than the yellow. I decided to not paint the floor instead I will pick up a can or 2 of truck bed liner paint and use that as I figure it will be much more durable than the rustolium.
The son loves flags so we had to re-purpose a broken big wheels flag for the buggy as well.

Next up.
all lights are getting swapped led versions are on the way.
motorcycle radio install because good times require a soundtrack! :-)

some pics of the wife and boy test driving etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stephen approved.jpg (102.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg cai1.jpg (100.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg joyride2.jpg (97.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg when purchased.jpg (100.0 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by ShoeBoxLen; 09-01-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Heavy Contributor

Pretty cool. Does look alot nicer. Great job.
Motorcycle Radio. Hmm never thought about that. Been thinking of a way to put some tunes in the buggy myself. But not wanting to spend arm and leg for it.
There really isnt much room up front on a Yerfdog to put some sort of dash. The front roll cage comes down at striaght angle from the top. How big are the Motorcycle Decks? and what kind of price be looking at?
Only other way I would think I can put it, is make some kind of Console in the center between the 2 seats. But to be able to control it, face of the deck would be facing up. Still restricted, because do have the shifter there on the floor. For the shifter on the reverse. Any one put a stero in a Yerfdog before?
Old 08-24-2015, 10:52 AM
Heavy Contributor

BTW. for the floor board. I used a black epoxy paint. Comes in spray can. And sticks pretty good. So far there is only a few small spots that need touched up. But that where i went into bare metal. Think it sticks better, if scuff up, and clean the paint already there, and paint over it. Not sure if that will be the same for, truck lining material. Just a FYI.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:02 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeagle View Post
Pretty cool. Does look alot nicer. Great job.
Motorcycle Radio. Hmm never thought about that. Been thinking of a way to put some tunes in the buggy myself. But not wanting to spend arm and leg for it.
There really isnt much room up front on a Yerfdog to put some sort of dash. The front roll cage comes down at striaght angle from the top. How big are the Motorcycle Decks? and what kind of price be looking at?
Only other way I would think I can put it, is make some kind of Console in the center between the 2 seats. But to be able to control it, face of the deck would be facing up. Still restricted, because do have the shifter there on the floor. For the shifter on the reverse. Any one put a stero in a Yerfdog before?
I ordered one off of ebay 21 bucks shipped with speakers deck and remote so cant beat the price. I am sure it will not win any sound quality contests but should do the job.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeagle View Post
BTW. for the floor board. I used a black epoxy paint. Comes in spray can. And sticks pretty good. So far there is only a few small spots that need touched up. But that where i went into bare metal. Think it sticks better, if scuff up, and clean the paint already there, and paint over it. Not sure if that will be the same for, truck lining material. Just a FYI.
Thanks for the tip I will look into that.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Contributor

I have a Milwaukee work radio that takes 12v batteries. Stick it anywhere and you can connect your phone to it if I wanted. No wiring to worry about and its usable anywhere else too. Not that wiring a radio is hard but sometimes it's nice to not worry about that stuff.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:10 PM

I like the red much better !

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:17 AM
Heavy Contributor

Thanks SCjeep. But did I bring up cheap? . I'm pretty sure those things are not on the cheap side. But would be a better option, rather then putting more wires in the buggy.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Lite Contributor

I went with one of these
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...radio&_sacat=0

for a little over 20 bucks ya cont go wrong

should be here any day now will let you guys know how it goes and will take some pics.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:11 AM
Contributor

Mine came with a 12V drill kit for 100 bucks Not the cheapest but I use it allot.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Lite Contributor

paint job almost finished and installed radio. I still have to pull all the switches out and paint the dash board or whatever it is called. I should have the rear led turn signals this week as well as the new led headlights. Next step motor rebuild or new motor have not decided on that part yet.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150830_161110.jpg (97.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20150830_161117.jpg (94.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20150830_161131.jpg (88.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20150830_161139.jpg (98.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20150831_082933.jpg (97.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20150831_082945.jpg (93.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20150831_082954.jpg (95.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Contributor

Looks pretty good. How does the radio sound?
Old 09-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Lite Contributor

ok for small speakers no bass or anything but loud enough to hear while riding.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Contributor

Well it's not a SPL competition buggy lol
Old 09-02-2015, 09:40 AM
Contributor

If you want a radio with lots of features, try this one below. I believe you can also get a 100 watt and 200 watt version to save some $$$. I have it in my trailmaster and it screams. More than loud enough to hear with all of my mods and that's only half way turned up. Everyone that hears it asks me about it. Plays mp3s from an sd card or usb thumb drive and the am/fm tuner is amazing. I think I paid around 110 shipped when I bought mine. Bought one similar Len's, but it did not work worth a flip and you could barely hear it while riding.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Sno...J79196B5V3VPDA

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust