BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-17-2015, 08:56 PM

Default I'm Back

Well after a short hiatus and some schooling under my belt, I am back to getting the itch for buggies. I made a job change a little over a year ago and with the better schedule and monetary compensation, I find myself getting antsy again.

I fell into a deal a few months back where I traded for a 2013 Rancher and after taking it out a few times, including the national forest in Ocala, I definitley have the itch for my buggies again. Only thing, I am almost 100% certain I am going to scrap the Yerf for something a little more sophisticated, so if anyone is looking to buy a modded frame, let me know.

My plan was to build a scratch built frame from one of the many suppliers online that sell plans. I was leaning toward the Shredded II plans, and after a day in the trails, I have confirmed that is the frame I want to build based on trail size and wheelbase. I will not be using the triple chain set up that it calls for, I will be going with a CV axle rear set up borrowing different design ques from some other builders. Along the way I picked up a near scrap worthy Katana 600 as its intended powerplant. However, being as I have decided my street bike days are behind me, I also have a fully functional SV1000 sitting in the garage collecting dust. Thinking about that V-twin winding out in the forest makes me all kinds of giddy

So, the planning and collecting of pats shall begin, with main frame assembly hopefully starting in around 12 months. Reason being is that I might actually land my dream job soon and most likely require relocation. Dragging all my tools and a half built frame around just sounds like a bad dream, and if this works out, I might actually have more space than just a 2 car domesticated garage to store and build all my toys

Also in the works is some mods and fixes for the Dazon I picked up from rich some time ago. Now knowing the trails around here, I know I need some internal engine mods to liven things up a bit, and I shall be contacting Tom soon enough.

Till the next step comes, I'll be lurking about.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 09-18-2015, 02:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

Blah blah blah get to building....hahaha
Good to have you back Mike!

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX

Old 09-18-2015, 02:55 AM

Good to have you back.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:45 AM
Heavy Contributor

Welcome Back!! I've had barely anytime for riding, and what time I did, I fought with suspension problems. I almost lost my mind and put myself in debt, pulling the trigger on a new RZR. I'm glad I held off, but I should have never drove one...I felt like that scene from the newer star wars movie where Emperor Palpatine was shooting lightning out of his hands at Mace Windu "UNLIMITED POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!" Yes.. I actually shouted that in my helmet...sad, very, very sad.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 09-18-2015, 07:33 AM
Heavy Contributor

Whats the details on the yerf?

Still got the 200 in it?

Did you ever test ride it?

You're in Jacksonville right?

Oh, welcome back..lol
Old 09-18-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbob View Post
Welcome Back!! I've had barely anytime for riding, and what time I did, I fought with suspension problems. I almost lost my mind and put myself in debt, pulling the trigger on a new RZR. I'm glad I held off, but I should have never drove one...I felt like that scene from the newer star wars movie where Emperor Palpatine was shooting lightning out of his hands at Mace Windu "UNLIMITED POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!" Yes.. I actually shouted that in my helmet...sad, very, very sad.
Yeah, I made the mistake of driving my buddy's Can-Am Commander last weekend and was considering either that or the RZR, but I want to give the buggy a fair shot. I think with the right set up, they can be as capable as a UTV, except for the 4WD or course.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
Whats the details on the yerf?

Still got the 200 in it?

Did you ever test ride it?

You're in Jacksonville right?

Oh, welcome back..lol
Details? Well it is sitting in storage right now with 2 flat tires. The engine is still installed but will not come with the frame. As far as the mods, check my build thread for most of them.

No test rides as of now, and not likely to change at this point. Just had too many things going at once to finish it up and now my direction has changed, you know like wanting electric start and all, lol.

Oh, I am in St. Aug.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:13 AM
Heavy Contributor

Whats it worth without the motor? Keeping in mind the swing arm has been modified for that motor.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
Whats it worth without the motor? Keeping in mind the swing arm has been modified for that motor.
Make me an offer. I know I won't get out of it what I have in it, but I won't give it away either.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:16 PM
Heavy Contributor

Difficult to make an offer on a buggy I've never seen in person. I guess I'll hit you up the next time I'm going up that way.

I'm in West palm so I probably wouldn't drive 4 hours just for the buggy, but if I'm gonna be up that way It wouldn't hurt to check it out.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Supporting Vendor

Welcome back to the addiction.