BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Lurker

Default Hello from Dallas, Texas

I just bought a Manco Phantom Fox Pro 265cc (10HP) gokart a few weeks ago. The buggy was drivable at the time of purchase but needs some work. I disassembled the entire kart so I could get a good parts list of what I needed and was glad that I did. The frame is in great shape but several items were loose on the suspension including the all important brake caliper. A jackshaft bearing was almost seized and one of the front tires had two seized bearings. They were just spinning in the rim. The bolt holding the clutch to the engine shaft was bent and creating a frame rattling vibration when you accelerated. The chain was rubbing on a misaligned metal plate that holds the clutch cover to the engine. Throttle cable was frayed at the engine and the choke cable was too short to be mounted anywhere useful. The parking brake cable was also too short and did not engage. While I have the kart apart I am going to give it a new paint job and possibly weld the frame joints where they currently bolt together. Have not decided on that one yet. I am also waiting on some black 30 gallon storage totes to arrive to see if I can make some new side plastics out of them. (Great idea from this site) Manco wanted $50 each for the side panels!

Anyway, looking forward to hanging around and learning some new stuff. No plans to go wild with this buggy. Just wanted something dependable and fun to ride around on with the family.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MancoPhantomFoxPro.jpg (89.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

Welcome to the addiction

Tom