BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 01-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Lite Contributor

Smile Hey all from SOUTH NJ

Whatsup guys...I'm Mike from southern NJ near Philly. I am sure I have seen a lot of you guys on BN and so forth...so hi again to you guys and hello to anyone new!
I am a total buggy freak that grew up in the dirt-as many of us did...not easy to do here in NJ, but that never stopped any of us from doing anything anyway
I posted some pix of my new(leftover)2009 Taotao ATK 150 A-would love to know if anyone else has one...
Also, created a build thread group and posted my FrankenCarter-polaris Honda thing pix...
Glad to finally get with it and get on the BM bus!

UNI w/custom intake, 125 main/38 pilot, tuned pipe, 9000rpm CDI w/**** adapter, 10g rollers, stock clutch w/2000rpm clutch springs, 2000rpm engagement spring, Orange Hi perf coil w/NGK cable, STI HD1 wheels with Carlisle Turf Master tires, NHL puck shifter knob, aftermarket steering wheel, (roll cage in process of modifications)
Old 01-26-2013, 11:43 AM

welcome to the neighborhood. post some pics if you have some. lets see what you have. zman
Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 AM

Default Nerfvannah!!!

Welcome to the forum Mike ur obviously another "mad scientist" lol like ur build so far, monster looking front end! I like the nerfs, been thinking of adding some to my single seaters should really hop the looks up and add some much needed "tree" protection! keep us posted.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Hi guys...Thanks Bear!

Thanks for the welcome guys! Zman, I have my pix posted in my albums...
Bear thanks a lot! I am almost finished...and yes-the nerf bars !

hahahaha!
Thanks for the welcome wagon boys!
UNI w/custom intake, 125 main/38 pilot, tuned pipe, 9000rpm CDI w/**** adapter, 10g rollers, stock clutch w/2000rpm clutch springs, 2000rpm engagement spring, Orange Hi perf coil w/NGK cable, STI HD1 wheels with Carlisle Turf Master tires, NHL puck shifter knob, aftermarket steering wheel, (roll cage in process of modifications)
Old 01-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Supporting Vendor

Welcome to the forum Mike.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks Tom...looking forward to pouring over your posts and others on the forum. You guys got the right idea here!
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

Welcome Mike. I know you will enjoy it here.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Power User

hey mike welcome to the other zoo! you gotta get that colaris done for maybe one of the spring rides at Line. )) Can't decide whether to keep mine a 150 with the golf cart rear to prove a 150 can get around a lap of that place or do the IRS before the first race.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks X-yea I'm on it-10 degrees sux tho as you well know...
Thanks Sleestak! Yea man love the Land of the Lost Ref! Gotta switch the crystals around to make more buggy power!

Anyway here is a quick vid on FB of one of the passes I took today...had a chain issue but looking good now:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151380129529025

Old 01-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Heavy Contributor

Just dont let the blue and red crystals touch Mike.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Lite Contributor

hahaha yes classic!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Lurker

I have the same kart. Except mine is red. I got it last spring I like the kart but the motor is not gutsy enough for me or the trails I ride. The original chain was junk and the rims are cheep steel,the holes in them are oblong now after the summer of riding. So it is going to get some work this spring. I have a Honda 83' 200 atc big red motor with high & low range on it. Some at rims and hubs to go on the back. With the low range I should be able to do some good climbing and have good top speed in high.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 PM

Welcome buggy mike.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Lite Contributor

Hey thanks Nick...
Yea Furball I agree totally. BTW nice to see someone else with this buggy-I have modded it pretty good so far-PM me with some info swapping if you like.
Anyway I do agree-the chain is absolute sh!t and I am not real keen on the brakes either-I changed the wheels out with http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...D1-Alloy-Wheel
some STI alloys...and Carlisle Turf Masters all the way around...as for the motor...yea it was pretty sluggish. So far I added a UNI w/125 main/38 pilot jets, Pipe, No rev CDI(added A LOT of take off power), orange coil w/NGK cable and plug, 10g rollers in stock variator, stock clutch with 2000rpm springs installed/2000rpm main spring.
It definitely needs different internal gearing(13/43??)maybe...def a BBK. I have an A-10 cam(had success in the past with it), a 30mm billet manifold, oil breather, and the gears waiting to go in...
And of course, I broke the chain deep in the trails over the winter-so I went to Tractor Supply and grabbed 10ft of #530 and was all good. The stock chain would skip and pop and stretch like crazy from day one.
What do you think of the suspension? The rear shocks aren't bad, but while they look cool, the fronts are a lil rough. Pricey as they are, I am looking into some Fox Floats-as I love the front end design of this buggy and that is exactly what sold me on it.
I think I am just going to send my motor to Tom Syc and have him do what he seems to be able to do best-get as much power out of these little motors as possible. From what I have read, and in the few emails I have spoken to him through, I think that is the best idea. I can do bolt-in BBKs, but am not comfortable with machining my cases. I'll leave that to the pros.
Bottom line is: this motor is weak from the factory-it needs some work. So far so good but I need some more out of her.
Post some pix of your buggy if you can please..I'd love to see the red one-I think these buggies are really cool looking as opposed to the host of others I've owned. From Carter 150's to the GTR to Yerf's to a GK-03...I think the ATK 150 is one of the better looking buggies. Need to add go to the show.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Lurker

I have done a few mods on mine as well
HP ignition coil (orange), no rev cdi, Iridium spark plug,44mm air filter,1500rpm yellow torque spring ,115mm HP variator light weight drive face,Dr pulley sliders 12 gram, modified exhaust the original pipe broke just behind the muffler. So I put a muffler from a Honda 185 3 wheeler on it. It is quiet and gave it a little more.
My chain did the same thing but I was only 2 blocks from the cabin and had my buddy with to pull me back. Now for me it's the other way around on the shocks I love the front but the rear ones are really bouncy.
As it is now I get a top speed of 33mph and have climbed up some of the small gravel pit hills that are about 35 feet high and range from 45to65 degree slope, from a dead stop at the bottom with relative ease, even with my buddy with me.
I have some pictures of mine now in an album on here so check it out.
Can't wait to get the bigger motor on this spring when it starts to warm up.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Lurker

BuggyMike, those are two cool buggies you have there, I dig the talon but the Taotao , that is one bad buggy. I'm also in NJ, englistown to be exact , probably not too far from ya. Anyway good luck with your buggies, man.

BlackScorpion's Gokart Bazaar
Old 05-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks Scorpion! A fellow Taotao owner and NJer! Sweet!
Here are the cage/roof and "truck" bed mods I recently made. More engine mods are in hand...just gotta put down the welder and pick up the wrenches now.
I am really happy with the way it all turned out.
BTW-it is a Carter Talon cage-with the front 2 bars bent a bit outward and down to create the "bubble". I wanted to eliminate blind spots-the only problem I had with the Taotao(besides the power and chain)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAV v.4.0 ATK 001.jpg (97.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg SAV v.4.0 ATK 002.jpg (98.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg SAV v.4.0 ATK 003.jpg (96.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg SAV v.4.0 ATK 004.jpg (96.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg SAV v.4.0 ATK 005.jpg (96.8 KB, 5 views)