BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 05-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Lurker

Default New Spiderbox owner in Kansas

Hello everyone. I have been lurking on the forum for a while now so I figured it was time to introduce myself. I live in Kansas and I just recently acquired a Yerf Dog Spiderbox. I actually traded a 1988 Suzuki Katana for it straight across. In retrospect the buggy needed more work than I anticipated out of the gate and so I think I may have taken a bit of a loss, but after getting out and tearing around in it I've quickly decided that I made the right trade. I've got buggy fever.

So after replacing the ball joints and tie rod ends, cleaning the carb, and tightening the chain it is running and performing rather well. It came with 22" rear Dirt Devil tires and 21" tires off of a chinese ATV on the front. One of the big selling points for me is a pair of full size red/black Mugen racing seats and 5- and 3-Point harnesses for the driver and passenger, respectively. They really make you feel like you're in a larger vehicle. It also has the Kart Accessories canopy. Make fun of me all you like but I think it's a nice addition. With the aggressive tires it kind of reminds me of the Munster Koach.

I have started the process of modifications but the budget has been tight so most of what I have done has been straight up DIY magic. The electrical box was missing it's cover and looked like a rats nest so I completely disassembled the wiring harness and re-engineered the electrics onto a 6"X6" piece of plywood mounted inside a group 24 battery box that also houses a lawn and garden battery. The box sits on the cargo basket and I made a custom harness that travels straight down to the motor. The whole project took me like four hours but I'm fairly happy with how much more A) protected and B) simplified it makes the electrical system. I also mounted the Mugen seats on sliding seat brackets that i had left over from when I used to customize cars/trucks.

There are more plans in the works every day and I'm sure I will have more stories to tell. I will try to take some photos in the next few days and get them posted. Looks like there are a lot of guys here willing to help and excited about the buggy life. I'm eager to get into tuning this thing. Until later, peace!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Heavy Contributor

Welcome to the fun arkangel. You are right. This is a great forum and there are many helpful people here. Glad you stopped lurking around.....you were kinda giving me the creeps

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:37 AM
Heavy Contributor

Welcome to the crowd!
First order of business.... get a welder! your gonna need it!
Yerf should have included one with each new purchase! The frame design is excellent but they didn't waste any time welding them up! Most of the modifications required to get them really trail worthy will require some welding here and there.
Don't knock that canopy! It's a welcome addition. Anyone that has spent long seat time out under the sun apreciates the benefits.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:02 AM

Welcome to the "asylum" Arkman! It's awhole different "madness" in here!!! boohahaha
Old 05-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Lurker

Default Pics are online!

Ok, I uploaded 12 photos of my Spiderbox as it is today. Check them out in my albums. Let me know what you think!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:45 AM

That makes for a clean looking buggy! nice!