BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 01-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Lurker

Default kandi 150 gka axle help

I'm a newbie and need help. Bought a new buggie for my son for Christmas.
We already have an axle bearing failure. Pulled the dust cover and saw that bearing was not sealed and no grease. I've searched the forums for tips an tricks on axle replacement with no luck. Can someone share what they have done to replace axle with new bearings. Old bearings were on so good have to heat with torch to get off and new bearings are just as tight. Any info would be great and thanks in advance.

Bob
kand 150 GKA
Old 01-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Lite Contributor

Try putting the new bearing on ice overnight in the freezer, lube the axle shaft well and it may slide on. I would just cut the old one off with and angle grinder.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

I had a bearing failure on my Trailmaster 150 XRX in under 12 miles of use. I ordered extra sets of quality bearings and replace both sides of the rear. I think I got them from VBX? I'll check when I get home, but do yourself a favor and do both sides, and post pics if you're having problems. I was as newb as they come when I did my first bearing swap.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 01-21-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davcruz View Post
Try putting the new bearing on ice overnight in the freezer, lube the axle shaft well and it may slide on. I would just cut the old one off with and angle grinder.
The cold bearing will only make the fit tighter. You want to make the axle smaller to help slide it in place. Can't really heat the bearing without losing grease or seals, so maybe if the weather is cold, you could try that method.

The easiest method would be to find a length of steel pipe, with the diameter slightly bigger than the axle, and slip the lubed bearing over the axle, and tap it squarely with a BFH. Schedule 40 pipe is cheap, and home depot carries an assortment of sizes. Be careful not to allow the pipe to hit the grease seal.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 01-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Heavy Contributor

The housing for my damaged bearing was insanely tight. I had to use a slide hammer to get it off. Heated up the housing in the oven (not too much, just warm) put the new bearing in the freezer, and it dropped right in.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B